Stuck at 10psi? Ideas?!?!

Boozshey

Reaction score
So I just slapped on a Snake Bite. I should be reading 17psi and instead am only showing 10psi. I talked with Steigmeier yesterday and they gave me a couple ideas. But they all failed.

Here is what I do know...

Upon inspecting the set up last night I noticed a line that came from the EGR valve on the passenger side over to the bypass valve on the driver side was disconnected. I connected it and was a little relieved. Jumped in the car and that didn't fix the problem.

The other setup difference that I have is I am not running the rear evap system. Is this connected to the blower in anyway that would allow boost to leak.

Looking at the diagram is shows that there is a PURGE valve. If this purge valve opens will it cause the air to just escape since I have nothing trapping it in the rear of the vehicle? I just don't know how it all works together.

Anyways, any ideas...

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
If you still have the factory throttle body, that's a huge restriction! I got a whipple 2.9L and with the factory throttle body, was reading a little more than 4psi lower than what I should have been at. After stepping up to the L&M66 it fixed that problem.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Well the guy I bought it from said he saw 17 with his stock TB... So I dunno. I forgot to hook up my mechanical boost gauge. I will do that tonight and check again. Oops, more to come...

Hope it stops raining...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back