Stuck in Mobile Version

cruisin

Reaction score
So it appears that I am stuck in the mobile version of the forum and I can appreciate that it saves members from excessive data usage but I view this forum 90% of the time from my iPhone.
Is there something that I am missing that will convert it back to standard view?

I'm not really technically savvy person but if it helps, I'm using an iPhone running the newest firmware.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I know nothing about IPhones or browsing the web on a mobile device, but this has come up before on other forums. The problem is that in the mobile view you no longer have the box at the bottom of the page to change your default view setting. So what you have to do is to log out of the forum, then open up the forum again in another browser window. You should be logged out in both windows.
Now log in on one of the windows. It will put you back into mobile view. Then go to the other window and scroll to the bottom of the page. Bottom left is a drop down menu where you can choose your default view. Change your setting there and it should change your default view for you.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
It makes it SOOOO much better it is worth it! You can get the free version I believe. It was only $4.99 for the full version iirc

07DarkHorse

forum member
Reaction score
I don't check the forum that much from my phone. So it's just not that important to me.

I will add that I changed the background to "speedfire." I like it a little better.

cruisin

Reaction score
I know nothing about IPhones or browsing the web on a mobile device, but this has come up before on other forums. The problem is that in the mobile view you no longer have the box at the bottom of the page to change your default view setting. So what you have to do is to log out of the forum, then open up the forum again in another browser window. You should be logged out in both windows.
Now log in on one of the windows. It will put you back into mobile view. Then go to the other window and scroll to the bottom of the page. Bottom left is a drop down menu where you can choose your default view. Change your setting there and it should change your default view for you.

This worked. Just logging out and closing the window.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I had this same issue...I had to get an admin to go in and change my settings back to default.

I vowed never to touch that again....lol

cruisin

Reaction score
I had this same issue...I had to get an admin to go in and change my settings back to default.

I vowed never to touch that again....lol

I was getting close to that. I must have changed the setting when throwing it into my pocket one day.
Made a mental note to lock the screen before tossing it in my pocket.

Back