Sub 4.0 second 0-60 for 2018 GT 10 speed

Discussion in '2015+ S550 Mustang Chit Chat' started by RED09GT, Jul 24, 2017.

1. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8

It probably is a bargain, but when you start talking about $35K+ for what is a toy or second car for pretty much all the guys that want them you start reaching a point where a fair number of people can't afford them in addition to other things that are competing for their money.

2. TGR96

TGR96 el blanco nino

^^^ Hmmm...about the toy car comment...not sure if serious. Everyone one of my Mustang's, including my wife's, has been a daily driver. And most of the local Mustang guys also use their cars for DD duties.

Either way, I still think the Mustang is the performance bargain of anything out there right now. That's why you see a ton of them on the streets. But once you get to the premium model and start adding options, the price gets well above $40K pretty easily.

3. tjm73

Where I live Mustangs are not daily driven year round but only by a handful of people. They are second cars that see 2.5-3 season duty (May-October). Rarely see a Mustang and even less often a GT in the winter here.

4. TGR96

TGR96 el blanco nino

Oh, yeah, I see you are from up north. I understand your comment now.

Yeah, down here in the south, we really don't have to worry about harsh winters, so it's Stang time year 'round! :biggrin:

5. J.Kidd

J.Kidd forum member

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read about this and the fact that it comes with paddle shifters almost alleviated my internal shame of actually considering and automatic!

And then I read something about there being a "Level 2" performance/track package (to compete with the 1LE option for the Camaro SS) that is only available for the 6-speed manual. The only thing confirmed so far is both front and rear wheels are 0.5" wider with the Level 2 selection.

6. Bald Menace

Bald Menace forum member

I'm seriously considering a 2018 GT and i'm lucky if I put 1500 miles a year on my personal cars. I currently have a 16 Scat Pack and have 2900 miles on it since I bought it 2 years ago. so it does happen, I traded my 13 GHIG GT in with just at 10,000 miles at the 3 year mark.

I have been waiting for Ford to step it up before buying a S550 Mustang and i'm hoping this new one is impressive, the 6th gen Camaro guys have been getting a bit too cocky.

7. arms197forum

arms197forum Junior Member

8. fdjizm

fdjizm Drag Queen

Does the drag race mode void the warranty?

9. tjm73

Only if something breaks when you use it. LOL!!

Seriously though, I bet it's for "off road use" only. And if you use it on the street the warranty doesn't cover it. And if you are on a race track, the warranty doesn't cover the car.

10. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

There was no better time in my life than when I drove my '08 year round. I would like to get a GT350 winter beater in a few years. Only problem is I'll need 19" winter tyres...

11. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

Studded winter tires..and chains.

12. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

Studded snow tires...and chains...and 0W-20....and a solar powered block heater.

13. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

my wife's car runs on 10w40 year round. VW 5 cyl. Just have synth. I haven't plugged a vehicle in in years. Thanks to our throwaway culture destroying the earth It's not even cold in the winter any more!!