Summer Jam II - Mustang Vs. The World! - July 1, 2010

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Summer Jam II - Mustang Vs. The World!
July 31, 2010

Five Guys Racing is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Summer Jam at Old Dominion Speedway (ODS) in Manassas, Virginia, on Saturday, July 31, 2010. Gates open at 9:30 AM, time trials start at 10:00. Old Dominion Speedway provides a centrally located, easily accessed facility on the Eastern seaboard complete with concessions, sponsor space, and nearby hotels.

The event was originally intended to focus on the 4.0L and 4.6L naturally aspirated S197's. However, due to popular demand, this year we are opening this event to all street driven American Muscle cars. The format is Time Trials, Grudge, Heads-up.

This event is a private rental at ODS. Space is limited to 60 vehicles. This is to ensure everyone has plenty of time for racing! If we have space, you can pay at the gate, but don't risk it... Please register today to reserve your place. Pre-registration is open until the gates open on July 31st.

Please register at http://fiveguysracing.com/

Prizes: Will include $100 for the driver with the best reaction time Trophies will be awarded for the fastest 4, 6, and 8 cylinder vehicles.

Entry Fees:
Driver's and one (1) vehicle - $40
Spectators and crew members - $5 each
Children 11 and younger are free.

Event rules, current class descriptions and as well as full registration information can be found on our website using the "Event Detail" navigation button or visiting our forum. Check back periodically as further information regarding entry fees, driver’s meeting, lodging and other items will be become available.

2010_Event.jpg

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Just a quick reminder... this is coming up very soon.

We already have several Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, plus a lightning who have committed to this event. It should be a blast.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I just asked Kim to fix it fo me. I missed the 3 in the title. I thought I fixed it, but it doesn't change the main listing, only once you are in the message.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Well,
We had another great day at the track! Sunny skies and 85 degrees yielded some serious fun. I hope all of the spectators and drivers had enjoyed themselves.

The winner for the best reaction time was a new friend to Five Guys Racing, Mike. Mike took the $100 home with a .003 second reaction time! Our fastest 4 cylinder, driven by Torrey R., ran and amazing 10.4 at 68 mph! Our fastest 6 banger was a 2010 driven by a “first time ever” racer named Angel, who ran a 10.000 @ 69 mph. The fastest V8 car was driven by Chris P., who ran deep in the 6’s with a blurring 6.16 @ 111.89 mph!

I want to thank our host at Old Dominion Speedway for their service. They did a great job!

I would also like to thank our sponsors at Street Car 1320 Clothing, Thump Racing, and Fore Precision Works for their ongoing support of Street Jam Racing / Five Guys Racing, and the auto enthusiast community.

I definitely need to thank the guys at Excessive Motorsport Performance Center and Springfield Motor Sports. Both vendors have been supporters of our events since the beginning and we very much appreciate all of the efforts with promoting the races as well as Shop owner attendance at our events. You guys rock!

We also had some spectators from the Unites States Marine Corps who came out in support of one of their own, Josh, who has an amazing SN95 Cobra that was running 6.8’s on DR’s. Thanks to all of you for your service to our country. I know it was a lo-key track rental, but I hope you guys had a good time.

Thanks,
Spaz

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back