Supercharged 3V into a 65 Falcon Hardtop

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
Here are a few pics with the Edelbrock blower in its new home. Will do some custom painting of the blower and engine to get a more sanitary look. But paint is in the distant future. The top of the supercharger clears the hood scoop by a good inch, so that worked out well. Also the GT500 HE will fit perfectly in my lower valance cut out once I modify the mounting hardware. Lots of luck going on here with everything fitting better than expected.

Attachments

• IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2171.JPG
    IMG_2171.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2176.JPG
    IMG_2176.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 16

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hah, sorry, not a Ranchero fan at all.

So anyone have any thoughts on the cooling. Do I just go 07' up routing and call it a day or is there a better way?

WHAT!??!? How could you not like Rancheros???

hrdp_0801_02_z+1965_ford_ranchero+.jpg

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
I love cars and I love trucks, just not so much when you mix the two. :)

Now, that being said, I have extra appreciation for any early model modded Ford that isn't a Mustang, and does not have an LSX swap.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have had a car crush on 64-65 Ranchero's since I was in my late teens. Someday I hope to own one.

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
I have had a car crush on 64-65 Ranchero's since I was in my late teens. Someday I hope to own one.

Buy one now if you can afford to and store it away. Now that early Mustangs have gone the way of the Camaro and are so $$ the other Fords are starting to creep up in cost for decent examples. When I first bought my falcon you could get a very nicely restored driver for around $10k, now that number is up closer to $20k. (I sold off all the stock crap I did not want mine cost me about $1500) The nice thing about the Falcon/Ranchero is that they use pretty much all the same suspension and running gear as a Mustang, so lots of parts out there to choose from, stock and aftermarket. I really loved the "fastback"/slant-back look of the Hardtop Falcons, even more so than the Fastback Mustangs. It has been a fun project so far but has slowed over the past couple of years due to kids, kids sports, two cross country moves and now building a new house. I hope to really get cranking back on it over this winter and make some real progress again.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know. Prices are on the rise. They are like hens teeth on my part of the country. Would have to travel to get one. And I would go anywhere in the Country for the right car.

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
62 with potential

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1962/ford/ranchero/100870628

and what looks to be a nice 65 (except for the wheels) but man they are proud of it

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1964/ford/ranchero/100878932

and a 64

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1964/ford/ranchero/100838406

This is why I ended up going with basically a roller and built from there. Finished examples (and I would have still wanted to make tons of changes to make it a pro-touring car not just another stock rebuild) are just too expensive in my opinion. I guess it all comes down to time vs money, which one do you have more of.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score

I saw something about Wheelers Dealers doing a Ranchero on a new episode next Wednesday, not sure of the year though. I really like the looks of the 64-65 too.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are a handful of what I would call odd/forgotten/obscure 60's Fords that I am into.

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
Edelbrock coolant kit arrived yesterday so maybe this weekend will get a chance to see if it all plays nice together in the limited space I have to work with. Wish me luck.

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
Love the resto-mod stuff. Car looks like it's gonna be great. I want to find a 74 2-dr Maverick like I had in H.S. Then drop the engine and trans out of a 07-09 GT500 into it.

As far as cooling, some silicone hose would probably work to get you what you want. Could the Mishimoto kit for either the 05-06 or 07-10 kits work?

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
Some killer deals out there now on GT500 powertrains. I have seen whole pallet, engine, trans, controls, fuel, etc for $8500 shipped. Makes me think the 93 F150 street truck we own needs some new guts. Oh if I only had the time and the money, one project at a time.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
So I'm assuming frame reinforcement is somewhere on your priority list? Even the beefed up original carb motors apply enough torque to rearrange the old frames. You think sub-framing will be good enough?

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
At this point it is a full framed car with reinforcement 1.5"x3" steel tube tieing front to back subframes. Stock front subframe has been boxed with reinforcement plates. Also ladder type bar design between tunnel and rockers. Will also end up with most likely a 4 point roll bar as well. It should be plenty stiff for auto cross and street tires. This is a corner carver with full protouring suspension, not a drag car.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back