Supercharger coolant reservoir cap questions

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Is the GT500 supercharger reservoir (degas bottle) cap the same as a 4.6L degas bottle cap?
I have a Canton intercooler reservoir for a GT500, threaded for a screw-on cap, and a stock 4.6L cap doesn't screw on very well at all, almost like the threads a little different. Same results with a Kenne Bell reservoir cap, which fits a 4.6 bottle fine, but very tight on the GT500 reservoir.
:beerdrink:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Though so too. And it says 'uses stock cap'. Maybe it does, but the threads look ok and the two 4.6 caps I have sure don't fit right.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Threads? You have screw on type? Mine is more of a make sure the tabs fit in the groove and twist to lock... Is that what you mean?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
No, it's the screw-on cap type. And I checked it closer today: the diameter is the same on the outside of the threads, but the thread teeth are not exactly the same pattern (on the Canton)! The threads are good and clean and not damaged in any way, just doesn't fit.

I really need to know what to do here, whether I need a different cap, or what?

I'd hate to have to use the plastic Kenne Bell reservoir, but will in the interim if I need to.

Back