swflastang05's build thread

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome man, all came together real nice. Oh yeah with that kind of boost drop she is def moving air easier. Look forward to seeing how she runs once its fully tuned up!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Awesome man, all came together real nice. Oh yeah with that kind of boost drop she is def moving air easier. Look forward to seeing how she runs once its fully tuned up!

That intake really looks awesome installed on the motor in person, the pics just don't do it justice. I'm certain that plays a very large role in the improved performance too, thanks again for hookin' me up with it!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I've been working through some wiring issues related to the auto to manual pcm tune swap, we're almost through that, I think.http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131312v In the meantime another issue I've had the few times I've actually driven the car with this motor and convertor is the tranny is not wanting to go into lockup mode, it will do it the first time but after getting into the throttle a little the lockup no longer works no matter what. I called FB and they said it's probably the lockup solenoid, so they sent me a new one and I dropped the pan again today after work and installed it. I hate dropping the tranny pan! Although I did manage to keep the mess to a minimum this time.

The lockup solenoid is the shiny silver cylinder looking thing in the middle with the harness plugged into it. Hopefully this will take care of the issue.
2tNQKPzl.jpg

With this done, and hopefully getting the wiring issue resolved this weekend I can get back to breaking in the new motor. I need to put about 200 miles on it, and do a few data logged pulls for Manuel. Although doing those pulls on the street is getting kind of tricky now lol.

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
Finding a place to do that IS tricky. If I need to I have to go about 20 mile away at night and check for the cops on that section before I turn around and do it. It's to built up around where I am.

travelers

Reaction score
I do the same thing but I end up doing it on a stretch of road with no turn arounds.

The road is the start of a 4 lane so I go up and turn around start the computer and wait till there are no cars and go. No other on of off ramps in that area.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I try to do it on the highways during late night 11-12am sometimes even 2-3am when there are less cops. But living in NYC I sometimes run into traffic even during those hours [emoji23]

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
There's a decent stretch outside of town near where I work - head out before work on a weekday, not a soul out there. No entrances or exits. The problem is, the pavement is going to heck! Lito is going to see me spinning tires jumping out of a dip at 90 mph.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I usually just go wot on the main road closest to my house whenever there's no cars coming my way, it usually doesn't take long but if I ever need a real good log I have to drive about 12 miles North where there's a nice road that's about 5 miles long and has no crossroads, no homes, no buildings, no nothing but fields, some cattle and woods on both sides. It's old, pretty crappy asphalt but it's my best option other than the dyno or track. Although I have seen cops on this road before too..

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I usually just go wot on the main road closest to my house whenever there's no cars coming my way, it usually doesn't take long but if I ever need a real good log I have to drive about 12 miles North where there's a nice road that's about 5 miles long and has no crossroads, no homes, no buildings, no nothing but fields, some cattle and woods on both sides. It's old, pretty crappy asphalt but it's my best option other than the dyno or track. Although I have seen cops on this road before too..

Cops? Who cares about stinking Cops? LOL!

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Austin......I rarely saw a police car.....back here in my home town. It's a weird day if I don't see at least 2 a day. We probably have the highest COP to population ratio in the country.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
When I lived in Austin......I rarely saw a police car.....back here in my home town. It's a weird day if I don't see at least 2 a day. We probably have the highest COP to population ratio in the country.

Y'all need them for all those hookers they just busted.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Their bread and butter is the DWI arrests and POM. Every squad car is a brand new Tahoe. Very menacing. It pisses me off sometimes, they have a military istic vibe to them. But I support the men in Blue. They have a tough as hell job.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Well I had an issue where the new motor had a miss at higher rpms while doing short pulls, so I ordered a new set of plugs which I installed last night then test drove my car today and luckily that fixed the miss!

This is great news but it's freaking annoying that the plugs that were in it were 100% brand new, never been installed and yet there was a bad one, not to mention the darn things cost $100+ WTF! And there's no way that I know of to find out which one is bad. Argh!

Another small update, after installing the new lockup solenoid in the tranny I'm still having issues with the lockup not working 100% of the time. Although in more troubleshooting I found what might have been a bad crimp on one of the connectors and redid it, I'll find out if that was it next time I drive it. Oh well I needed to change the tranny fluid anyway.

So making some progress, slowly but surely. And of course still working on the wiring issues that are causing the DTC codes.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Well I had an issue where the new motor had a miss at higher rpms while doing short pulls, so I ordered a new set of plugs which I installed last night then test drove my car today and luckily that fixed the miss!

This is great news but it's freaking annoying that the plugs that were in it were 100% brand new, never been installed and yet there was a bad one, not to mention the darn things cost $100+ WTF! And there's no way that I know of to find out which one is bad. Argh!

Another small update, after installing the new lockup solenoid in the tranny I'm still having issues with the lockup not working 100% of the time. Although in more troubleshooting I found what might have been a bad crimp on one of the connectors and redid it, I'll find out if that was it next time I drive it. Oh well I needed to change the tranny fluid anyway.

So making some progress, slowly but surely. And of course still working on the wiring issues that are causing the DTC codes.

What plugs do you use?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back