swflastang05's build thread

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I went on a long drive this morning, nearly 70 miles long, and finally everything worked perfectly! I stopped by a certified scale during my drive and weighed the car for the first time since installing the new 8.50 cage, I was pleasantly surprised to get a weight of 3640 w/driver, and that includes the passenger seat and everything, so when I run at the track I pull that seat which should bring my race weight to right at 3600 lbs w/driver. I made a couple short pulls and confirmed the engine is no longer breaking up top end, closing the gaps on the plugs resolved that problem. When I got home there was 254 miles on the new motor so I went ahead and did the first oil change using Driven DT40. Now to record some logs for Lito then we can turn it up!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Meanwhile I'm in my recliner reading though my threads trying to motivate myself...

Nice to hear its working out!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Lito sent me a new tune this week so I went out this morning and made a couple test hits while data logging for him, it seems to be running pretty damn good now, maybe he'll send a new tune with some timing and turn it up, I'm starting to get used to it now LOL. Then I have to decide when will I go ahead and swap out the blower pulley to the "good" one? I'm running 4.25" now but have a nice 3.85" ready to go on which should increase the blower efficiency by more than 20%+. I took some video of the test hits but I'm a little hesitant to upload it, I've heard stories of idiots posting pics of their illegal fish catch online then shortly thereafter the FWC knocks on their door and arrests them, IDK if posting video of making test hits on the street @ 130+mph would have the same result for me???

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
I took some video of the test hits but I'm a little hesitant to upload it, I've heard stories of idiots posting pics of their illegal fish catch online then shortly thereafter the FWC knocks on their door and arrests them, IDK if posting video of making test hits on the street @ 130+mph would have the same result for me???

Nice news and probably wise not post them

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My previous motor had about 20-21 psi with the 4.25" pulley and this motor has about 16-17 psi with the same pulley. I haven't tried the 3.85" on any of my motors yet.

You probably have the best flowing 3V heads in service. That port job was impressive.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Lito sent me a new tune this week so I went out this morning and made a couple test hits while data logging for him, it seems to be running pretty damn good now, maybe he'll send a new tune with some timing and turn it up, I'm starting to get used to it now LOL. Then I have to decide when will I go ahead and swap out the blower pulley to the "good" one? I'm running 4.25" now but have a nice 3.85" ready to go on which should increase the blower efficiency by more than 20%+. I took some video of the test hits but I'm a little hesitant to upload it, I've heard stories of idiots posting pics of their illegal fish catch online then shortly thereafter the FWC knocks on their door and arrests them, IDK if posting video of making test hits on the street @ 130+mph would have the same result for me???

That's why you gotta hop over to "Mexico"! Lol!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
You probably have the best flowing 3V heads in service. That port job was impressive.

Thanks Bryan, I can only hope they're as good as yours! Hopefully I can get to the track before too long to find out.

That's why you gotta hop over to "Mexico"! Lol!

Yeah that's a little bit of a haul for me, maybe a 30 hour drive or so, LOL

travelers

Reaction score
Thanks Bryan, I can only hope they're as good as yours! Hopefully I can get to the track before too long to find out.

Yeah that's a little bit of a haul for me, maybe a 30 hour drive or so, LOL

I've never seen a car in Mexico that didn't have multi dents on all sides....:clap:

So that's the last place you want to go.....

46addict

Reaction score
This is great news but it's freaking annoying that the plugs that were in it were 100% brand new, never been installed and yet there was a bad one, not to mention the darn things cost $100+ WTF! And there's no way that I know of to find out which one is bad. Argh!
What was wrong with the one plug that was bad?

Yeah slim pickings for the early style heads, pretty much Autolite / motorcraft or Brisk, IDK if there's any others or not?
FRPP makes a 0 degree plug.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back