swflastang05's build thread

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Well I wasn't able to participate in the NRMA race, not only was my car not quite ready but I ended up getting buried at work. Good news is I did make it up today to at least enjoy the day spectating, and I scored a new 1200 HP rated IC while I was there, a nice polished one from BBR, the polishing gives an extra couple HP haha, new on top:

dyS3lGMl.jpg

Old IC
x4QvFeQl.jpg

New
HWAnu16l.jpg

n77raKAl.jpg

The core in this one is more than double the size of the old core, hopefully it does a much better job. I also installed the badass 165 amp alternator that DOB sent me this week, almost ready to go to the track again!

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I wasn't able to participate in the NRMA race, not only was my car not quite ready but I ended up getting buried at work. Good news is I did make it up today to at least enjoy the day spectating, and I scored a new 1200 HP rated IC while I was there, a nice polished one from BBR, the polishing gives an extra couple HP haha, new on top:

dyS3lGMl.jpg

Old IC
x4QvFeQl.jpg

New
HWAnu16l.jpg

n77raKAl.jpg

The core in this one is more than double the size of the old core, hopefully it does a much better job. I also installed the badass 165 amp alternator that DOB sent me this week, almost ready to go to the track again!
That's awesome I saw that there yesterday did you look like a tomato at the end of the day for some reason we where all burnt up, it was definitely a good time, cobra jets where pretty sick to can' wait for next year again

travelers

Reaction score
That looks good. Your getting pretty good a pluming. It also look like you mine need a little more opening or maybe a new bumper cover.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
That's awesome I saw that there yesterday did you look like a tomato at the end of the day for some reason we where all burnt up, it was definitely a good time, cobra jets where pretty sick to can' wait for next year again

Lol, yea, it actually didn't catch up with me until a couple days later but I got burnt a bit on my neck. Glad you had a good time, honestly I was a disappointed with the turnout, but I guess it's normal for Sunday's not to be as good as Saturdays, which is when I normally go when I'm not competing.

That looks good. Your getting pretty good a pluming. It also look like you mine need a little more opening or maybe a new bumper cover.

Thanks, Manuel is getting on me about adding some wind deflector type stuff to direct the air through the IC vs. flowing around it. I know what needs to be done, but trying to figure out the best by to go about it. Leaning toward just adding some aluminum around the opening to extend it closer toward the IC and securing it with rivets. Or I'll steal the nose off my wife's car hehe, her's is a real "Eleanor" nose with a HUGE opening and giant deflector at the bottom, it would be awesome for an IC but I don't know if I like how it would look on my car, and I hate having to paint stuff so IDK.

Plan for Atlanta! positive Mods are always good!

Not sure that I can make that one either, but maybe one of the others, maybe Bowling Green in the fall, that's supposed to be the best event all year from what I hear.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Lol, yea, it actually didn't catch up with me until a couple days later but I got burnt a bit on my neck. Glad you had a good time, honestly I was a disappointed with the turnout, but I guess it's normal for Sunday's not to be as good as Saturdays, which is when I normally go when I'm not competing.

Thanks, Manuel is getting on me about adding some wind deflector type stuff to direct the air through the IC vs. flowing around it. I know what needs to be done, but trying to figure out the best by to go about it. Leaning toward just adding some aluminum around the opening to extend it closer toward the IC and securing it with rivets. Or I'll steal the nose off my wife's car hehe, her's is a real "Eleanor" nose with a HUGE opening and giant deflector at the bottom, it would be awesome for an IC but I don't know if I like how it would look on my car, and I hate having to paint stuff so IDK.

Not sure that I can make that one either, but maybe one of the others, maybe Bowling Green in the fall, that's supposed to be the best event all year from what I hear.

Bowling Green always seems to be the best. You are correct!

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea you guys are right, it wasn't really a good turn out, I guess any time your not working and out at an event is a good time, would of liked to see more, I defiantly would like to make it out to bowling green need to get a trailer first so I can participate in the event

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

dyS3lGMl.jpg

Old IC
x4QvFeQl.jpg

New
HWAnu16l.jpg

n77raKAl.jpg

Keep an eye for me I'm running around every night for the next week to break in the new motor, finally got her running

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
So I ended up doing this, some aluminum attached to the top of the bumper to prevent air from escaping that way, then 2 inch thick by about 8" deep high density foam all around the opening, it's a little ghetto but it I think it will work lol. Planning to head back to the track on the 25th..

omjepHOl.jpg

zYxI2apl.jpg

Kinda hard to see in the pic, but you can get the idea

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
That looks like it will really help keep the air going where you want it to.

I went for a short drive today for the first time with the new IC, I definitely lost a couple PSI but the IAT never went above ambient, so it's working!

Damn, low boost, leaned out, and a 9.6? I can't wait to see this thing at full power!

Me too! Hoping for 5.x 1/8th mile and 8.x quarter mile ET's..

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went for a short drive today for the first time with the new IC, I definitely lost a couple PSI but the IAT never went above ambient, so it's working!

Me too! Hoping for 5.x 1/8th mile and 8.x quarter mile ET's..
You must of ran before we got this rain lol
How u like this weather we keep getting I thought it was spring

travelers

Reaction score
You must of ran before we got this rain lol
How u like this weather we keep getting I thought it was spring

RAIN, we keep getting Snow. So my car is still in storage till the end of the month. I cold deal with some rain. Hhahaha

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
RAIN, we keep getting Snow. So my car is still in storage till the end of the month. I cold deal with some rain. Hhahaha
Lol I feel for u guys up there, use to live in Jersey it sucked to wait for the weather to let up, I guess it feels that much better when you do get the chance to drive, u know that reminds me 1320 had a video on YouTube where they where drag racing on a frozen lake you should check that out its freaking nuts

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
IAT= ambient air temp, This is how it should be, I drove mine 100 miles the other day and iat were usually -1 lower than ambient at, with egt @ 192. How old was your pro charger intercooler was it the original one from the kit?,

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IAT= ambient air temp, This is how it should be, I drove mine 100 miles the other day and iat were usually -1 lower than ambient at, with egt @ 192. How old was your pro charger intercooler was it the original one from the kit?,

I thought part of the problem was that sitting in the staging lanes raises IAT. Driving around, it's easier to keep IAT down, because you have continuous air moving through and over the intercooler.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
iat will elevate slightly while idling with a A2A intercooler because there is no air flow but your also not making boost either while idling in the lanes, The OP was seeing extremely high iat at the end of his 1/4 mile run before he upgraded his IC. My race intercooler at the end of the 1/2 mile wasn't even seeing 140 iat, @ 15psi +/- . on a 85 degree day

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back