Tensioner solved my problems

J

jbailer

For months I've been trying to resolve a belt squeek on my Saleen supercharged 2006 Mustang GT. I've heard about people breaking tensioners, bending them and how much better this tensioner is but I always figured I must be one of the lucky ones, my tensioner seemed perfectly fine.

After trying just about everything else I finally bought the Thump_RRR Racing tensioner and I only wish I'd have made this move sooner. I took the stock tensioner off and if it is bent, it is just slightly but I did notice a few stress cracks in the tensioner. After putting it all back together with the new tensioner that annoying belt squeek was gone.

My belt was not wearing on the sides, no cracks or missing spots, no filling in the grooves and still looks practically brand new after less that 2,000 miles. The noise I had was a chirping that only happened when the engine was cold.

THANKS Thump_RRR Racing!!!

mygt500

Stangpede Co-Captain Michigan Chapter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have no issues except for a few seconds of squeaks (before that a few minutes) but it is not the tensioner (on the drivers side?) but I will be buying as it is the best tensioner on the market and these TS's will break or bend stock metal very easily! JMO

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It took care of my belt issues too!

:thumb:

The marabout Thump_rrr could solve all your work problems, love problems, health problems and, last but not least, all your belt problems.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back