The 2015 Texas Shootout

Kaylan1521

forum member
Reaction score
Where can I read some details on that car?

I've never really done a build thread on this car, but, old setup was T-trim running at 20# boost and a 50 shot.

Full interior and weight car
Teksid block, Manley I beam rods, Manley 9:1 pistons, factory 2V heads ported to the max, crane cams, + an assortment of little tricks and components. Promotion Powertrain 3650 trans with Mcloed clutch, strange 35 spline/spool. Tubular K member, Team Z anti roll bar........

Turbo setup is all new and I really don't have any idea what it will do but given the old setup I would surely hope to go deep into 9's while rowing through the gears still.

Given I'm still running a stick I can't spool up like I could on a brake so I kept the 50 shot for the hole shot and cooling primarily but I tend to just leave it through the whole run. ;-)

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Should be an interesting little setup. I hope you are able to get some seat time and get the tune dialed in for the event!

Kaylan1521

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. Considering its 28 degrees here with a foot of snow..........that may be tough

Kaylan1521

forum member
Reaction score
E85 and a blower is not two power adders...

Would love to convert to E85 but in these parts only a few stations carry it and we cannot pump into containers. Laws state we can only pump into car so it's a PITA

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Would love to convert to E85 but in these parts only a few stations carry it and we cannot pump into containers. Laws state we can only pump into car so it's a PITA
I was messing with D98GT. And that sucks about the not being able to pump into containers! No gas in your gas can, wtf?

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
E85 and a blower is not two power adders...
Don't forget that I run a cocky decal on my car about people with twins ;)

10511144_1048125125214340_8011846177307530065_n.jpg

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
This should be fun! My son will be making his first pass down the 1320 and racing a freind here and it may be my first on the new setup, if I don't get to the track next weekend.

bullitt 736

Reaction score
I remember the first time my son beat me at golf. It was a two day tournament and he beat me in the first round. I beat him overall so I convinced him the first day did not count as a win. LOL. I was still very proud because he played his ass off and showed a lot of signs of things I had taught him. He would never admit to that back then.

It will be fun to see how your son handles the first time out.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I remember the first time my son beat me at golf. It was a two day tournament and he beat me in the first round. I beat him overall so I convinced him the first day did not count as a win. LOL. I was still very proud because he played his ass off and showed a lot of signs of things I had taught him. He would never admit to that back then.

It will be fun to see how your son handles the first time out.
He is going this weekend on the 28th to Lufkin to do some runs with his friends and myself if the weather holds up.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back