The Red Akuma

RawrItsCg

If the shoe fits...
Reaction score
First off hello! Thanks for stumbling across this page first off let me introduce myself I'm new here (duh no s Sherlock) however not new to the car scene. This is my first actual "Muscle car" if you will. I've been a import enthusiast for some time ranging from 240sx, to Hondas, to the "VIP" scene of owning a Lexus. If you will you can see my builds on several sites under the name "bobafreak" anywho enough of that just thought I start from there.

I woke up one morning and had the urge to change direction in life I feel old, car scene changed so did I. I was fed up with vip airbag scene and wanted something new. So I sold my car about a month ago and opted for a s197. Why? Well a buddy of mine had one also a import enthusiast who decided to go against the grain and purchase an 05 gt. I laughed at him told him my 0.02 cents, none the less here I am now. It wasn't till I hopped in and it changed my feeling you will for American muscle. That V8. So fast forward a yr or 2 later here I am. So quick summary... I had this.....

Along with this.....

To purchase this

What I plan to accomplish? Easy. Power form and function and execute! Like most of my builds I had them for a year or 2. I build them in less than a year and I'm bored and done. However this one well it's different I purchased it as the second owner the same day I got rid of the Honda 2 weeks ago. It was "devil sent" lol. It's 74000 miles 08 manual of course navigation blah blah blah. Basically I'm going for the long haul this is my "I'm in my 30s, I don't need all these buttons get out of my way" car.

This is probably the most conversation you'll see from me because I work 20 hrs a day. I'm not f@&$@ kidding I have two full time jobs besides being engaged and 2 wonderful kids. My second job feeds my addiction and puts money for our vacations and etc. Anyway god I feel like this is taking to long..... This won't be daily driven. I have 3 other rotation of vehicles so ideal of this is keep the mileage low while building and making it a weekend warrior. One thing I noticed about this car is the handling. My god I don't know how most of you drive or feel like you are one with the road with that suspension. It feels like a heavy ass boat that with too much speed, one false move and I hope your ppo or hmo is all up to par. I don't like it. So that will be my first change. Then the following.

Phase 1 (the open up)
S/S headers
Pypes H
JBA exhaust
Cai with manage system (undecided)

Phase 2 (Wake up the beast)
Vortech super charger kit P# 4FU218-028L
This kit might change when we get there I for one love the smog legal for us strict Californians then again law enforcement loves muscle so eh. But can't go wrong with vortech

Phase 2 (wider the better)
APR GT500 wide body kit
Bride Gias 2 Carbon seats

Phase 3 (let's talk wheel fitment yawwwss)
Undetermined. Something 3 peice, aggressive and staggered. Hopefully Volk or SSR make something nice.

Build time I'm going to try and not rush through this one so I don't get bored easily or not appreciate it as much but I'm giving myself 1yr...2 max. I plan on keeping this forever just one of those nice to look at when you open the garage vehicles that matches your street bike lol. Yes I own a street bike about a month ago I just finished. Gsxr 98 srad. Here were the stages. It was a donor bike that I built from the carbs to new wiring to how it sits now.

That's it for now, tune in, subscribe, again I won't talk much or update frequent due to my work schedule maybe little snippets here and there. But I'll be lurking on my lunch or weekends researching.
Peace.

Last edited:

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome! That's quite the introduction! I, too, was a JDM convert back in the day. Looks like you've got some pretty good plans, but I bet wheels move from "Phase 3" to "Phase 1" pretty soon. Lol.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome, I wouldn't do much to the exhaust as you are in CA and the only headers that I am sure are C.A.R.B legal are the JBA's and those are shorties. Which really are not much better then the stock manifolds. As far as the power mods go you can toss in some forged pistons/rods maybe some head work and just go with forced induction of your choice as long as it is CA legal. I know the FRPP, Saleen, Roush etc are CA legal. Most come with the tune and CAI matched to each other. Although not a guarantee you probably won't get hassled as much as imports or tuner crowd, there still is a decent chance that you will get nailed for headers and cat mods. Especially if the car is loud. Not worth it for what little gains you get. Better to get that supercharger and E.O. decal and install a smaller pulley, some porting on the supercharger and have a custom tune made that keeps on all of your sensors and emissions ready parameters. This way the OBDII testing for smog won't raise any eyebrows.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back