This Would Suck! Chainsaw...Blood...Mayhem

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picture1_zps283a8bfd.png

The team put Valentine to sleep, then took out the blade. Exploring the wound, they found that the blade went in about three inches in his shoulder and one inch into his neck, injuring his trapezius muscle, sternocleidomastoid muscle and other smaller muscles. But, most importantly, they found that the blade had not damaged his carotid artery.
“If it had gone a centimeter deeper, it would’ve hit. The muscle overlying the carotid was intact. Then we just explored the wound,” Toevs said. “At that point in time, it’s a huge letdown— we were preparing for the absolute worst.” :omfg: :thud:

With the situation stabilized, the surgery then became routine. It took about five minutes to explore the wound to ensure nothing else was injured, then the surgeons cleaned up the blood, dirt and tree particles and closed the wound.

LOL at the surgeon remark in pink. The patient was maybe not so let down! :)

Jambarino

forum member
Reaction score
Damn!Guy is lucky.Not really surprised at the surgeons comment,my wife is a nurse and she says most docs and surgeons are a little strange and awkward.He had probably hoped for a challenge after seeing the wound initially.

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, i thought my dad was bad

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Holy shit!!!!!!
They have portable X-ray machines?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
How the fuck did this happen??

Guessing the saw kicked back and he was in a bad position or not ready. They have a guard to help protect against it, if that's what it was

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
This happened a few months ago in south Florida. In fact it was mentioned here on the forum I believe.

Back