TPMS in your track wheels?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
My 2010 has advance track ( esc). Plus the usual ABS and traction control. One click to shut off traction control. double click,and traction control is off..and advance track is in..'sport mode'. Hold button down for 7-10 secs.... and traction control is off...and advance track is fully off.

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
My 2010 has advance track ( esc). Plus the usual ABS and traction control. One click to shut off traction control. double click,and traction control is off..and advance track is in..'sport mode'. Hold button down for 7-10 secs.... and traction control is off...and advance track is fully off.

Good to know! :thumb: Wasn't sure if they had implemented the newer TCS, AdvanceTrac, etc. on the 10's or not.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

Just to clarify. One click to shut of traction control ( but advance track is fully on). You can hit the traction control while in motion. For the double click sport mode, you need your foot on the brake. You can do this while in motion, like coming up to a stop sign. ( shows up in display as ...'sport mode". For the 7-10 sec scenario, bring it to a full stop, then hold down for 7-10 secs.... then "advance track off" will appear in the display.

For dd use in the rain / wet, around town, and on local hwy, I leave everything on. If in the dry, then you have options. One of the local fellow's in the mustang group here in town had trashed his rear pads by leaving the traction control on all the time..this was on his 2012 manual. Whichever rear wheel loses traction will cause that wheel to grab a handful of brake on that one wheel. It could be left or right...or both. IE: pass side in the wet..and driver's side in the dry.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I got several sets of wheels, so I just had the TPMS disabled. :)

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Can you do this through the tune? Please share how! What software are you using?

Not through the tune. It is in the GEM/SJB. I have a buddy who works at Ford. A good ford tech who knows IDS can do it. From what he told me, the tech had to put IDS in "special function" mode to disable TPMS. My TPMS light still proofs on startup, but I no longer get the flashing light every 30 minutes of driving.

I was dealing with the flashing every 30 minutes for a while. My TPMS wheels were in the garage next to the car. Once I dismounted the tires, on the next start I got solid TPMS light.

Putting the sensors in a tube and pressurizing the tube is the hack way to get by TPMS, but it also works.

Last edited:

46addict

Reaction score
Ah okay. I figured IDS would be involved in this. My issue is with the dying factory sensors that makes the warning chime go off each time I start the car. This car has the upgraded dash cluster with the message center and each warning light is followed by a chime. So annoying.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Ah okay. I figured IDS would be involved in this. My issue is with the dying factory sensors that makes the warning chime go off each time I start the car. This car has the upgraded dash cluster with the message center and each warning light is followed by a chime. So annoying.

Yea, my base cluster never chimed. Just flashed the TPMS light.

I've considered putting all 4 TPMS sensor IN the SPARE tire. The only issue is that the space saver spares run higher pressure, and overinflation also triggers a TPMS fault. So you would have to keep the spare at 32psi, and that may be too low if you had to use the spare. Plus, I remove spare & jack and shit from the car at the track.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back