Traction control switch not working

ATLMustangGT

Reaction score
I have a 2013 GT w/ the Brembo package, and ever since I bought it a year ago the traction control switch has always been finicky, like you would have to press it multiple times for the traction control to turn off and then back on, although the switch has a good deal of gunk around the edge of the button from the previous owner so I thought it was due to that. However, yesterday I got around to cleaning the center console and took out the switch and cleaned it and everything else. Reconnected the switch and put everything back, but now the switch doesn't work at all. A couple of hours later I tried again and the traction control turned off and on about 2-3 times but then stopped and went back to not be able to change the traction control.

I did a continuity test on the switch with my multimeter and it seems the actual button is working, so I'm not sure what else it could be. Both the hazard light and truck release buttons work fine. I changed out the front brake pads a week ago, not sure if that could have anything to do with it. Also, I checked for codes with my bluetooth OBDII reader and it didn't pull up anything. I have tried both just pressing the button and while at a stop and pressing the break, etc. Any ideas?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back