Trunk mounted Intercooler Tank (ICE BOX)

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
Brand New Trunk Mounted Inter-Cooler Tank. (ICE BOX)
Fully Baffled 6 gallon capacity. Fits in the spare tire well like a glove.
For 2005 through 2014 Mustang S197's
This is a brand new unmounted part and the price is $450.00 Firm.

00n0n_8XySj9g1T0Z_600x450.jpg

00E0E_cBAScrLOrJm_600x450.jpg

00o0o_fxVpdreg6Eh_600x450.jpg

00808_chhFjJwUKzn_600x450.jpg

00f0f_1c8Epoe418B_600x450.jpg

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Brand New Trunk Mounted Inter-Cooler Tank. (ICE BOX)
Fully Baffled 6 gallon capacity. Fits in the spare tire well like a glove.
For 2005 through 2014 Mustang S197's
This is a brand new unmounted part and the price is $450.00 Firm.

00n0n_8XySj9g1T0Z_600x450.jpg

00E0E_cBAScrLOrJm_600x450.jpg

00o0o_fxVpdreg6Eh_600x450.jpg

00808_chhFjJwUKzn_600x450.jpg

00f0f_1c8Epoe418B_600x450.jpg

Damn, this is very very tempting! If I miss out on this one (don't have the spare funds til middle-end of November), do you constantly make them? Looks like that is the case based on your username lol

Also a couple questions... What kind of pump did you use with this? Does it need an additional one? I currently have a 20gpm meziere. And are you running a 2.6 or 2.8 KB? Lastly, are you on race gas or e85?

Thanks man!

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
Damn, this is very very tempting! If I miss out on this one (don't have the spare funds til middle-end of November), do you constantly make them? Looks like that is the case based on your username lol

Also a couple questions... What kind of pump did you use with this? Does it need an additional one? I currently have a 20gpm meziere. And are you running a 2.6 or 2.8 KB? Lastly, are you on race gas or e85?

Thanks man!

The pump size needed depends on the power output of the engine.
This tank is set up for an external pump like the one you have though I have used internal pumps as well.
You'll want to put the pump in the rear near the tank as electric pumps are better at pushing then pulling.

I have a 2.6 KB S/C. Its too small for my engine and runs out of air at high boost levels limiting my max HP but works great at lower boost.
This motor flows a lot of air, much more than this blower was designed for. KB now makes some 3+ liter blowers for the 3V.
if I was going to continue drag racing I would get one of those and my numbers would go up significantly.
I am doing road courses now and the 2.6 on super low boost is more than enough for that. I'm still making 644/575 @ 9 psi. on e85.

Last edited:

05gtkb

forum member
Reaction score
hey couple of questions.. How much will this help on a kenne bell car? I have an 05 mustang gt 2.6l kb sc 39lbs inectors, bap, lts, or xpipe, frpp ab, everything else on motor is stock. currently making 475whp 450tq. how much did it run you to build just the bottom end?

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
I bought a 302e stroker short block from JDM. Seems to me it was around 5 grand with a new block.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
If I told you I had more than one of these the management here would probably call me a vendor, so....

The pump size needed depends on the power output of the engine.
This tank is set up for an external pump like the one you have though I have used internal pumps as well.
You'll want to put the pump in the rear near the tank as electric pumps are better at pushing then pulling.

I have a 2.6 KB S/C. Its too small for my engine and runs out of air at high boost levels limiting my max HP but works great at lower boost.
This motor flows a lot of air, much more than this blower was designed for. KB now makes some 3+ liter blowers for the 3V.
if I was going to continue drag racing I would get one of those and my numbers would go up significantly.
I am doing road courses now and the 2.6 on super low boost is more than enough for that. I'm still making 644/575 @ 9 psi. on e85.

Nice, I will keep this in mind then! And that is still good numbers man.... I'm on pump gas and making 610/550ish on about 15 psi :( but I have terrible heat soak that's why I need one of these bad boys. But, just did a different fueling setup so I can run e85. Even though you aren't doing drag racing anymore, have you tried doing a different intake? Or porting the intake elbow?

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
The tank lets me run more timing safely at the track. I dump a bag of ice in it, go sit in the lanes, make my pass and when I come back to my pit the water is still cold. Could never do that with a small tank, the water gets too hot and melts the ice before you get through the lanes.

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
No, I could never figure out why the power dropped if so sharply until I had it at AED. They figured it out and by then I was done drag racing. I called Kenne bell and the said you can port the intake but it doesn't get you much...not enough to be worth the effort. The have a 2.8 and a couple blowers over 3.0 now for the 3V. I be looking at one of those.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
No, I could never figure out why the power dropped if so sharply until I had it at AED. They figured it out and by then I was done drag racing. I called Kenne bell and the said you can port the intake but it doesn't get you much...not enough to be worth the effort. The have a 2.8 and a couple blowers over 3.0 now for the 3V. I be looking at one of those.

What was it if you don't mind me asking? Was it pulling timing? I feel like mine is pulling timing from heat soak

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
It was intake restriction. At 6500 rpm and the small pulley it drops over 100 hp. At 9psi it makes power to 7400

Orange_Krush

forum member
Reaction score
I can vouch for this seller! Great friend of mine who I have done business with personally! GL to the buyer, i might buy one in the near future depending on my plans.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back