Tune's and o2's

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by pass1over, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Juice

Juice forum member

Harley Davidson paid $15 million fine last year for selling their tuners.
    Dynojet/Power commander paid $1 million fine.

I'm surprised that the actual PCM calibration is not verified at inspection. Technically, even a tune with all monitors functioning and completing is Illegal emissions wise - unauthorized modification. Just imagine what an EPA approved modified tune would cost!

For example, everything on my fox body was CARB approved for use on pollution controlled vehicles. But the car would fail bad at the sniffer...until I put a chip in the EEC. With my tune, the car would pass the sniffer, yet technically the chip/tune that got the readings down on HC/CO actually made the car emissions non-compliant. Go figure.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. 46addict

46addict 13726548

I have the steel wool in between two non-foulers in my 3v but evidently the computers in the Coyotes are more sensitive to changes in this area so that may be wasted effort for you.

Ken Bjonnes at Power by the Hour/Palm Beach Dyno is based out of Florida and recommended by a lot of people. I am all for supporting local businesses as well so I get where you're coming from. But I think you'll be happy with what Lund can do for you.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  3. deebo05

deebo05 forum member