TVS 2300 or 2650

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
You guys want to see something insane check out the VMP RANCH@! Search for yolodouchebag tuning on youtube, guy has a ton of videos up with his daily escapades at the ranch. Everyone is dumping $10,000 into their new F150. Old worthless S197 roush cars getting upgraded. Even 2003 cobras!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
The roush 2.3 TVS is at the bottom of the pecking order, followed by the VMP gen1 (which has the D shaped blower inlet and mating D shaped elbow ). Next in the pecking order was the oem Ford tvs 2.3 used on the 13/14 GT-500. Top of the pecking order is the VMP tvs-2.3 Gen2. VMP claimed another 2.15 psi for the same size blower pulley. The gen-2 has no separate elbow, the blower casing and elbow are all one casing.

The new ring master will be the VMP TVS-2.65 gen-3.... 170 deg twist vs 160m and bigger displacement..and higher flow rates and better eff...and lotsa $$.

Vmp sold high flow D shaped elbows for the roush blowers. VMP also sold an aftermarket ( not vmp) high flow elbow for the 13/14 GT-500 TVS-2300's.

I agree VMP is the best IMHO. No doubts there. Was simply trying to stay neutral on brand bias to avoid a potential keyboard war.

I also agree the Roush is the sludge flow wise on your list (speaking from personal Roush 2300 experience). I would settle for a VMP 2.3 Gen 2R that was released last spring. Maybe they will have a clearance sale on a casing or the head unit this summer I can upgrade the Roush 2300 with.

Last edited:

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
How did you manage 20 psi boost on a 2.3 TVS...on your 4.6 L ? What size blower pulley...and what size crank pulley ?

i have the smallest DOB supercharger pulley they make, a ported TVS 2.3 supercharger and a 10% overdrive crank pulley. i also have upgraded rotor bearings.
i have a ported elbow and a 72mm L&M throttle body.
i only have stage 1 FRPP heads and detroit rocker cams. if my heads and cams would flow more air my boost would go down.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have the smallest DOB supercharger pulley they make, a ported TVS 2.3 supercharger and a 10% overdrive crank pulley. i also have upgraded rotor bearings.
i have a ported elbow and a 72mm L&M throttle body.
i only have stage 1 FRPP heads and detroit rocker cams. if my heads and cams would flow more air my boost would go down.
Not sure if missed the post but what internals are you running? Love seeing a well performing 3v. They are great motors once sorted out. I picked up an Gt500 Eaton m122 several months back for a song. It looks mint! Saving for the DOB manifold now. Been slowly gathering other parts, ( pullies, IC pump, heat exchanger) been a fun process taking my time getting exactly the deal I want.

Your build sounds awesome. Have a thread?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
no build thread
i have a used cobra crank, used MMr H beam rods and used .020 over coated diamond pistons

redsnake

Reaction score
no need to take a poke at a guy that is smarter than you and actually tunes cars AND F150S...Ob

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
No need to bump old threads and not contribute to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back