Twin screw, anyone? ;)

Windveil Blue

forum member
Reaction score
Ive been in touch with Joey. He is working on various projects right now. No news on the twin screw though..

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'd love to see more projects like this, I know of at least one or two of my customers working on twin turbo conversions using F150 Ecoboost parts.

I'd love to see a GT-500 TVS sitting on top of one of these V6 cars.

-Steve

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
I'd love to see more projects like this, I know of at least one or two of my customers working on twin turbo conversions using F150 Ecoboost parts.

I'd love to see a GT-500 TVS sitting on top of one of these V6 cars.

-Steve

The motor ain't wide enough...

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The motor ain't wide enough...

Really? I'm not talking about the intake (obviously that won't work), just the blower. Is that KB posted earlier really that much narrower than the TVS?

Sorry to admit but I really haven't paid much attention to the V6s until now but now that I am they've really caught my attention.

-Steve

Last edited:

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
I assume he meant to say that the engine bay isnt wide enough? like for the ecoboost parts.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I assume he meant to say that the engine bay isnt wide enough? like for the ecoboost parts.

There's room, Not sure how much exactly but I know at least one V6 Mustang is getting Ecoboost parts right now. I sold them manifolds and turbos and have no doubt they'll make it work.

-Steve

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Really? I'm not talking about the intake (obviously that won't work), just the blower. Is that KB posted earlier really that much narrower than the TVS?

Sorry to admit but I really haven't paid much attention to the V6s until now but now that I am they've really caught my attention.

-Steve

I mean that the 3.7 is too narrow for a TVS style unit. If anyone ever makes one that's small enough, it won't be big enough - how's that for irony? Of course the engine bay is more than wide enough for ecoboost parts. If they can twin turbo a coyote, they can ecoboost a 3.7. Gotta be careful with that though because from what I've heard, the 3.7 block is the weak link in the power equation.

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much wider is the TVS then the Kennedy Bell? Because we already saw a picture of the KB on a 3.7 in this thread.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
You could get a 2013 GT500 TVS or a 2007-2012 GT500 M122 Eaton on the 3.7 V-6. It would require a cowl hood though.

The TVS would be MASSIVE overkill on the 3.7 unless it had a forged bottom end, cams, etc. The M122 would be a much better match, and a lot less expensive.

If I had a 3.7L V-6 car to work with (I’m not buying another Mustang right now) I could design a kit to accept the M122 (and conversely the TVS because they bolt up the same). But the R&D/testing wouldn’t be worth it unless I could sell 30+ units.

If you guys are interested discuss and let me know. We’ve done multiple custom manifolds at this point. We know what we are doing.

Ike

forum member
Reaction score
What about calling kenne bell or whipple and having them make manifold for one of the smaller twin screws they already stock for smaller v8s?

blk12wls

Reaction score
A twin screw compressor is way better than any pro charger. This could be a GAME CHANGER if it's done right. Massive untapped market. Has to priced right and durable. Could be rough on the manual crowd though. The automatics will love this.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
A TVS-1740 or TVS-1900 would be the ideal ticket. Way more eff than a M122
But there is bucket loads of M122's floating around..cheap. Baffles me why Ford used a M122 for the 07-12 GT-500 cars. IMO, they used the wrong blower for 6 years in a row. But I don't think the TVS-2300 came out till 2008. I suspect that Ford signed some long term deal with eaton.... to supply the M122H. You won't even see the M122H listed on Eaton's site. The casing is modified..and no whine... ( no whine on a 2010 Roush M90 blower either). But they are still a 60 deg twist, 3 lobe rotor.

Dunno why eaton lists the M series blower's on their site...since nobody in their right mind would use em as an OEM part on an OEM car.

Heck, the 2015 vette, with it's 625 crank hp eng uses the all new eaton TVS-1740 blower. They also used a direct inject eng. GM has had great success with the TVS-1900 blower on the caddy CTS-V .

blk12wls

Reaction score
You can't get to wild with psi. The piston pins will take the motor out. The screw blower is the most efficient because it is a true compressor and it comes on instantly with throttle. I'd guess an additional 100 lb. ft. of torque would be at the limit of reliability. It's all about torque, and stock this 227 incher has next to none until 4000rpm. That's the biggest problem. If torque came in at 2000 rpm the car would be a lot more fun to drive. Thus, the screw blower. Looong overdue.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dead_2.jpg

JimC

Reaction score
This is the problem - not enough room between the heads and the fuel injectors for a blower, let alone an intercooler.

You'd have to do something with everything sitting up really high, and then the hood wouldn't close.

Attachments

• 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back