Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus Question

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I have been detailing my Niece's 1995 Mustang (will post pictures soon, waiting for the sun to come back out) and used the Ultima Tire & Trim on her trim and tires. It looked great until the product dried and now it looks a little streaky and kind of dull. I am not sure if I did something wrong in the application or the trim and tires were just that beat. Any tips would be appreciated.

For the record, I had just washed the car and dried it. Did a few coats of wax then did the trim so it should have been bone dry. I shook the bottle and put a little on the included applicator then wiped on.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Not sure. I have never had that problem. Try another coat. Maybe the tires and trims just absorbed so much of the product that you're left with a splotchy appearance.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
^ more than likely that is the case. if the trim is really dried out and sun beaten it's probably just absorbed it in. I did one car where it took 3-4 coats before it finally was evened out.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Apply and let dry. Im also assuming the trim may have just absorbed a lot of the product, try a few more coats. Excellent stuff and seems to last for a while

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I know it sounds like your using that product and are having problems on the trim but I wanted to share with you guys. this is the best tire shine I have ever used. its not oil, it doesnt sit there and fling, its a tire clearcoat and once dries it makes it permanent. its ridiculous how well it works

http://www.detailedimage.com/TUF-SHINE-M50/Tire-Clearcoat-P548/6-oz-S1/

Don't take this wrong but.... Do you know what Ultima Tire & Trim Guard is? It's in the same league of tire shines and trim guards. It's another "nano" product that lasts immensely longer than a standard tire shine.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
Don't take this wrong but.... Do you know what Ultima Tire & Trim Guard is? It's in the same league of tire shines and trim guards. It's another "nano" product that lasts immensely longer than a standard tire shine.

if its anything like the tire shine sealant im using i will recommend all to it. im sorry the short answer is no i did not know ultra tire and trim guard was in the same league as the product im using

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I would also make sure you vigorously shake the bottle before use. What part of the vehicle are you apply it to that it's giving you a problem?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back