Unknown fluid spray

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Could it be from running e85 causing moisture in the valve covers getting sucked into the separator? I know when I worked on an A mod running alki. It would build quite a bit of moisture, whenever we pulled the valve covers to run the overhead, the valve covers had a fair amount of condensation.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
update-

working on the car today and decided to empty the catch can and it was full of this:

IMG00278-20110417-1711.jpg

This seems to be where the fluid was coming from. didn't smell like fuel nor oil, but it was not pure water either. the breather was soaking wet as well. any suggestions as to what if could be?

also swapped the fuel filter:

IMG00277-20110417-1648.jpg

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Gotta just be a mass of intake air condensate...... Did you check your blower coolant res to see if its low?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gotta just be a mass of intake air condensate...... Did you check your blower coolant res to see if its low?

We did look at it for other reasons and it didnt seem to be low on coolant. Also the coolant for the blower is green.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We did look at it for other reasons and it didnt seem to be low on coolant. Also the coolant for the blower is green.

Dave, that fluid looks identical what I am getting in my CC..Could it be a mix of condensation and oil resdiue?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dave, that fluid looks identical what I am getting in my CC..Could it be a mix of condensation and oil residue?

that's my thinking. it was too water like to conclude much else.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Paul(againstallodds1) has had his breather catch can fill up and puke all over the inside of his engine bay. His was more of a milky texture though and mine is more like water with a faint oil/gas smell to it.

That looks nearly identical to what I get in my breather catch can. My local guy who works on my car from time to time said it looked normal to him.

Last edited:

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
If you have a fluid analysis lab close to home give them a sample of it. Any John Deere or Caterpillar construction dealer can send the sample in for you too.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you have a fluid analysis lab close to home give them a sample of it. Any John Deere or Caterpillar construction dealer can send the sample in for you too.

Thanks for the idea. I didnt keep a sample of it. so maybe next time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back