Upper control arm bracket

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I have a 2006 but was told by BMR that the upper control arm bracket for the 11-14’s would work on my car. Said I might have to trim the gas tank lip but they’re interchangeable!?! Well I go to bolt it up and the bolt under the seat is way to small. Called BMR and they said I should be able to use all factory bolts…well, I can’t. You can see in the pic it’s way to small. Anyone know if the bolts are different? Will ordering this bolt from Tasca fix my problem?
upload_2023-4-13_15-9-27.jpeg
upload_2023-4-13_15-11-7.png

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes the 2011 bolt is bigger. Yes order one from Tasca. Yes the 2011 upper bracket will fit. Its unlikely that you will need to bend the tank flange. Loosening the gas tank straps will make the job easier. I've had this on my car for years.

Last edited:

bl817

Reaction score
you shouldnt use the 11-14 mount with the 05-09 arm tho. Ford made the arm longer for the later cars and moved the mounting point in the mount, your likely going to have a very negative pinion angle if you use the early arm in the later mount. you can use 11-14 mount and arm in the 05-09 cars tho. good luck.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
you shouldnt use the 11-14 mount with the 05-09 arm tho. Ford made the arm longer for the later cars and moved the mounting point in the mount, your likely going to have a very negative pinion angle if you use the early arm in the later mount. you can use 11-14 mount and arm in the 05-09 cars tho. good luck.
Well crap…1st I’ve heard of this but it makes sense I guess! Had the part for over a year, never installed, maybe BMR will swap me out.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Then why did you buy a 2011 upper mount? The whole point of it is to get a longer upper control arm for more anti squat (less wheel hop) and less pinion angle change with suspension travel.

Really everything that you ask about is already here, most of it at extreme levels of detail. Search and read before jumping into the deep end.

If you really feel the need to change the upper control arm, buy the adjustable 2011 mount and use the middle hole for stock ride height and the upper hole for lowered.

Also buy the matching adjustable 2011 control arm to correctly set the pinion angle. There are multiple threads on how to do that.

https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=965&superpro=0
https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1020&superpro=0

But before you spend more money, I would check the part numbers and measure the length of the upper arm that you have. Its unlikely that BMR sold you a 2011 mount and a 2006 arm at the same time. They know better (at least they used to, many of the original tech guys are gone). If you bought them separately, then that's on you.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well then, shame on BMR for selling you mis-matched parts. They should know better.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Well then, shame on BMR for selling you mis-matched parts. They should know better.
They did!! I called them and he emailed me another receipt showing where they swapped the control arm for 11-14….+1 for BMR!!! Guy was cool said he understood the confusion

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
BMR is my go to. I even went to them with my F-body build. They are a little more expensive but worth it to me.
Yessir…I called and talked to them about the 11+ mount before I ordered and the fact they cared enough to see the mistake and just fix it….is pretty awesome!! I will continue to purchase all the items I can from them. The only thing I’ll do differently is take advantage of the scratch & dented options. I built several carts before I ordered, with & without S&D’d items, to price compare. With discounts and everything it was only about $150 difference leaning towards the S&D’d. I chose to spend the $ and get the non S&D parts. I had several items from several places coming in at the same time so when I received my parts I merely gazed them over then stored back for future use. The exception to that was the LCA’s, I opened them and noticed something wrong when I got them. I received the S&D’d ones, contacted BMR & they discounted my 2nd order, cool! Now that I’m opening everything else I’m finding more S&D’d items. I ordered and stored the stuff for 9mths now and even though I think BMR would easily fix the issue it’s on me for not inspecting the items thoroughly as I received them I think!! I was wondering if maybe one of the S&D’d carts I built was the order I received!?!

JC SSP

Reaction score
Always good to buy from reputable vendors. BMR is top notch!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back