Upr has a new 2011 5.0 automatic

JEREMYUPR

Reaction score
As many know we have done extensive testing with our 2011 5.0, we have seen huge gains in horsepower and e.t. with just bolt ons. The question has been debated back and forth as to what car would be quicker at the dragstrip--the auto or the stick. We had a best of 11.71@119 with our stick so far. We are now going to put this question to rest as we took delivery of our new AUTOMATIC 2011 5.0 last night.
The car was delivered directly to PBIR last night. As you may or may not know these cars come with a FULL tank of 87 octane, not good for making HP. We tried to add some octane boost, but the tank was so full it just poured out of the vent.
The car was completely 10000% stock and ran 12.80 @ 110.96, this was awesome considering our stick went 12.79 stock. While in the lanes I added an "out of the box" SCT tune. I felt that this was the best choice to start off with as I was loading the program onto the tuner at UPR and had not even seen the car yet. I actually called the owner of Weikert Ford and had him read me the computer code
smile1.gif
. All I can say is wow, an off the shelf SCT tune and nothing else added, the car ran [email protected]! This was an amazing gain for under $400. We have many go fast goodies in stock and we will once again add them one at a time to give you accurate results!

Today we will have the car on the dyno and see what a custom tune is really worth.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Subscribing Jeremy. I ran mine stock and ran a 12.80 @ 111 as well. I have been impressed with the car. Look forward to seeing your results as my car is still stock.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Congrats guys, keep the site posted with the results.

I only picked up around 10 to the wheels with the tune, however a gain all over the curve has led to great times at the track.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
As many know we have done extensive testing with our 2011 5.0, we have seen huge gains in horsepower and e.t. with just bolt ons. The question has been debated back and forth as to what car would be quicker at the dragstrip--the auto or the stick. We had a best of 11.71@119 with our stick so far. We are now going to put this question to rest as we took delivery of our new AUTOMATIC 2011 5.0 last night.
The car was delivered directly to PBIR last night. As you may or may not know these cars come with a FULL tank of 87 octane, not good for making HP. We tried to add some octane boost, but the tank was so full it just poured out of the vent.
The car was completely 10000% stock and ran 12.80 @ 110.96, this was awesome considering our stick went 12.79 stock. While in the lanes I added an "out of the box" SCT tune. I felt that this was the best choice to start off with as I was loading the program onto the tuner at UPR and had not even seen the car yet. I actually called the owner of Weikert Ford and had him read me the computer code
smile1.gif
. All I can say is wow, an off the shelf SCT tune and nothing else added, the car ran [email protected]! This was an amazing gain for under $400. We have many go fast goodies in stock and we will once again add them one at a time to give you accurate results!

Today we will have the car on the dyno and see what a custom tune is really worth.

You should really let me drive that thing in Super Stang next season. :naughty1:

JerryC

Reaction score
The SCT tune that comes on the SCT programmer got you 3 tenths?
I wouldnt have thought that it would be that good. And 87 octane at that.

Like to see what a custom tune does over the SCT tune.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Awesome ETs and traps! Impressive stock and impressive gains with just an off the shelf tune!

05yellowgt

Reaction score
The SCT tune that comes on the SCT programmer got you 3 tenths?
I wouldnt have thought that it would be that good. And 87 octane at that.

Like to see what a custom tune does over the SCT tune.
There's a LOT to be gained just going from stock transmission tuning to tuned transmission parameters.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back