UPR's Redesigned Catch Can

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Mustang GT and wanted to do something different. Ive tried several catch cans and even tried the breather setup. The other catch cans didnt work to my liking and the breather setup made a mess on my driver side cam cover. After some researching and talking to UPR i decided to give them a try. I ordered 2 of their newest catch cans, some hose, and quick connect fittings. The fittings are a direct replacement for Ford's factory hoses. This made install very easy. The pieces are well made imo. Here are the links to what i have,

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-plug-n-play-catch-can-separator-short-11-sc.html
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-plug-n-play-catch-can-remote-mount-15-sc.html

Soon these parts will be grouped as a single part for those of us that want to do a custom setup.

Catch can broken down into pieces,

Fittings,

Hose and fittings, you can see how nicely it all fits together.

Being the person i am i wanted to run a test of sorts prior to installing the catch cans in their final places. I wanted to test just how well the primary can would catch the oil, so i installed the second can inline and ran the car like this for 5k miles. I was very pleasantly surprised at the results.

I took apart the system and opened it all up,

Primary catch can, you can see all of the oil on the diffusers and in the can itself,

Secondary catch can, as you can see its fairly clean which i did not expect, i expected it to have some oil in it. It didnt and thats a positive sign.

Diffuser is clean, another positive sign.

Finally, installed where they will stay.

After running the test this catch can exceeded my expectations. The hose going into the intake didn't have any oily residue in it, cant say that about the 2 prior catch cans. I've always had oil going in the air intake tube going into the throttle body since the car was new so i had to correct the problem. This is the best solution imo and im glad i made the choice to give the new redesigned UPR catch cans a try.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, its been driven through a lot of rain and mud lately, you really dont want to see the outside.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the objective write up jewc75! I loved the part where you tested them in series. I've been saying for a while now that UPR's catch can is the best on the market... but I know that an objective write up from a neutral third party such as yourself is more convincing. :)

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. I need to do one of their setups on my Tremor.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Lol I was waiting for that.

How I imagine Darren after seeing that engine:
321318c0e7c9e84906e1eb75deb2edf9.jpg

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a v6 one and ran a custom line to make it fit on my Whipple 3v. I'll see if i can get some pictures later. Really like it so far.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
That's a nice piece for just over $100. I have a JLT which is very primitive in comparison, but still works "OK" if I keep it drained.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back