Video of UPR’s 2010 GT running 9.90 @ 133

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvSyIGIKn_E

UPRproducts.com decided to take advantage of the good weather and see how fast our 21mpg show car would run at PBIR’s dragstrip. With Jeremy Martorella behind the wheel and tuning the suspension, we had high expectations. Our previous best was 10.11@135mph. Jeremy stiffened the shocks, took the hoosier drag radials down to 16lbs, staged the car at 1200 rpm and let it rip. Right off the bat we were excited when the AMAZING 1.35 short time came up on the board. Jeremy knew that he was on a killer pass. When building our now show [FONT=&quot]and GO[/FONT] 2010 Convertible Mustang, we expected to be able to knock out some high 10s–but 9s were meant for RACE CARS… not! UPR Products wows its fans with a fuel efficient automatic 9 second GT. The car is a loaded model and even sports a “back-up” camera. The convertible tips the scales over 3900 lbs. 9.90 @ 133mph, not bad for a show car!!

Last edited:

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
omg body flex lmao

nice runs!

I think im the only one who actually prefers the left lane at PBIR... its nice being close to the wall :p

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Holy crap Sharad, a freakin convertible?!?! Nice.

I know right? Crazy. But the guys wanted a street cruiser, so that's why they chose a 4000lb optioned out convertible. It was really intended to be a showcase for our billet goodies... but you know we had to add some nice streetable mods. ;)

Thanks for the link. I swear I tried that and it didn't work. Maybe it was just some weirdness with my version of Firefox?

omg body flex lmao

No doubt dude. That launch is hard to watch. This thing could run some serious numbers with a purpose built chassis and our Pro Series suspension (read: solid anti-rollbar) but that's just not what this car is about. We won't sacrifice any streetability with this car. It was always intended to be a nice street cruiser, so we installed our Pro STREET suspension with non-adjustable, chrome-moly/polyurethane control arms and no solid anti-rollbar. Honest to goodness, this car cruises just like a stocker!

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
Damn nice run, Congrats! Plan on going out there in the next few weeks again? See if i can get out there to watch it run.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
No doubt dude. That launch is hard to watch. This thing could run some serious numbers with a purpose built chassis and our Pro Series suspension (read: solid anti-rollbar) but that's just not what this car is about. We won't sacrifice any streetability with this car. It was always intended to be a nice street cruiser, so we installed our Pro STREET suspension with non-adjustable, chrome-moly/polyurethane control arms and no solid anti-rollbar. Honest to goodness, this car cruises just like a stocker!
Now that IS a street cruiser if I have ever seen one.
Top down, 9 second car.... gawd!
Suspension seems no worse than mine LOL

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
sweet times. Any mod list?

I request a mod list thats amazing

Thanks guys. Here's a brief rundown:

JDM longblock, Roush TVS, Circle D converter, upgraded clutches in the 5r55, UPR Pro STREET suspension, Bogarts, Hoosier DRs. The car made 701rwhp, and Jeremy leaves off of the footbrake at 1200rpms which yields 1.35 60-foot times.

Damn nice run, Congrats! Plan on going out there in the next few weeks again? See if i can get out there to watch it run.

Thanks. You know, I can't say for sure when we'll be back out. Mark & Jeremy never tell me when they're gonna be out there. They probably don't want me to snatch the keys! :)

Now that IS a street cruiser if I have ever seen one.
Top down, 9 second car.... gawd!
Suspension seems no worse than mine LOL

Thanks. Yeah, I really like this car. It's always so tempting to turn a car into a racecar... I'm guilty of it myself. But we really want this car to remain a street cruiser. It's just too much fun the way it is. :)

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good grief!!!

Do you have one of the UPR K members in there? If so any before and after times with regard to the K member?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know! I will be there soon with the YSI...trying to do as many band aid fixes as I can...hardened input shaft, billet servo's and the PA deep pan.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Good grief!!!

Do you have one of the UPR K members in there? If so any before and after times with regard to the K member?

Hehehe... yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. Anyway, the car had the stock K in it that last time I was underneath it a few months ago. I don't think we've installed our tubular k on it yet. I don't have any before & after k-member ETs yet either. I should be installing one on my car soon, but I'm planning to test it at Sebring. If you do a before and after test (with no other changes besides the k-member) let me know what it does.

700 HP with the 5R55? Damn...

Yeah, I was surprised myself. It really isn't a race trans. They just upgraded the clutches while it was out.

I know! I will be there soon with the YSI...trying to do as many band aid fixes as I can...hardened input shaft, billet servo's and the PA deep pan.

Sweeeeet!

sweet run! love the car

Thanks dude. The car is a riot. :)

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3643

running 9s in a vert with no roll bar??? wow!

Sorry man. I reviewed that thread and I promise I tried every which way to embed the vid. I think it was my version of Firefox acting up.

Anyway, without getting into a huge debate over this (my personal street/strip car has an SFI 25.2 chassis, so that tells you where I stand)... yes, it's a stock chassis and our UPR Pro Street suspension. It really is just a cruiser that accidentally went too fast.

interior.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back