Walbro 400LPH pump

V8Demon

Reaction score
I have questions concerning this specific fuel pump.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/walbro-...t3wjgbklIjEV10-b7KSG7Si-YKRAsbunfuNgltwPtzRRM

Is the pump itself just a plug and play drop in? In other words do I have to modify the FPDM in any way to run it? I'm well aware of the need to upgrade the wiring for the FPDM and the need to add a relay. Is a retune required if it is replacing a stock pump due to the difference in output? Im assuming it is but would like some verification as I've only ever modified return style systems and am having difficulty finding answers to these questions... I'm on the ragged edge of my setup right now and the planned changes - the first I've done in about 13 years with regards to engine output - should net only 30-35 whp. The one pump SHOULD more than suffice and is much easier to source at this point than the old dual GT500 pump kit.

Thanks in advance for any and all helpful input.

Laga

Reaction score
Yes, it is plug and play. I have one in my 05 with a BAP, 11 pounds of boost, and E85. No problem with fuel supply. However, some people including me, have had problems with the accuracy of the fuel level sensor. I had to replace it with a Motorcraft unit. Works fine now.

saleen836

forum member
Reaction score
As already mentioned it is plug and play, I have one in my 06 SC Saleen, had the GT500 set up originally but that failed so reinstalled the standard pump with a BAP, this worked fine except it would sometimes hesitate for a split second if I had been driving at a set speed for a few miles then stepped on the gas so replaced with the above pump and no problems

Back