Water filtration system

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I had to get a new water filtration system for washing my Mustang after the 'Mr. Clean system' products are no longer available, at least for a reasonable price. A couple months ago, I went to Autogeek online and bought a new system.

Today was the first decent day to use this system. To make a long story short, it worked great. No water spots to be found and we have really bad water here for spots. This was made clear by not towel drying but, using a Metro Master Blaster, blowing off the water. This is the best method, IMO, if water spots would be left behind after washing.

The results were excellent. no spots!

Here's what I used:

http://www.autogeek.net/waterfilterkit2.html
http://www.autogeek.net/mema.html

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Wonder how many washes you get per filter?

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
Im nervous about washing my car with salt :) I haven't really looked into it though.

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
The salt is there for cleaning up a dirty filter. As for putting together my own filtration system, of course this can be done for cheaper, I just didn't want to mess with it. (8^D)

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
says it replaces the minerals with salt.. If there salts deplete it must be putting it on the car?

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
The salt is used to "recharge" the resin imbedded in the filter. Just like a whole house softner uses the salt to recharge the resin in the canisters. I soak my filters every 90 days.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
$95 isn't bad.

Wife just laughed at me and said "Go Fuck Yourself"...your not getting that to wash your car.

DAD_23

forum member
Reaction score
$95 isn't bad.

Wife just laughed at me and said "Go Fuck Yourself"...your not getting that to wash your car.
That is Awesome!!
My wife would not say that to me BUT I would never hear the end of it and everyone she knows would know about it was well to give me shit. Gots to keep things like this on the Down Low.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
I've been considering this.....when I mentioned it to my wife she just walked off shaking her head.

She thinks it's ridiculous that I won't just let her run her car through an auto car wash.

-PmP-

forum member
Reaction score
I'm really liking that master blaster. I've been trying to find something similar, but nothing I have found seems to be as good of a product. Does it use a reusable filter or are those bought separately?

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
-PmP-:

Paper bag filters are replaceable and they last a long time. There's a thin foam filter that sits on the fan screen, too.

The Master blaster is not cheap but it works really well. It is surprising how much water is trapped in the bottom seam of the door skins and under the satellite antenna and in every other joint in the car.

Some people buy a [Toro] leaf blower (electric) as a lower cost option but it is awkward to use, imho.

BadHabit2Break: LOLOLOLOL!!! I feel your pain, brother.

Black 5.0: Hmmm. I think I need one of those things. :D

Chris

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back