Water Spot solution?

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
That will work. I was a water well driller for years. Those cartridges are mini zeolite filters. They work off ion exchange to remove the minerals. Depending on what the hardness count is in ppm you should be good to go. Arm and hammer actually makes a kit sold in the car section of Walmart too.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Water is so hard the water spots look like I left soap on the car.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah anything over really 5 grains hard will leave hard marks. It's worth a shot unless you wanna spend couple grand on a real softener.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
AutoGeek sells some nice filtration units.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
^I looked into that. What's the real world cost associated with that?

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
^^ I bought the 300gallon one, and it lasted for about 35 washes. I also apply it pretty liberally too though. They sell resin cartridges, but the resin baggies are all you need and are cheaper to buy.

The one on wheels is pretty convenient. I don't have to permanently switch my driveway faucet to filtered water. I put a two way faucet head on with one connection being the standard hose and a quick disconnect on the other so I can roll out the CR, clip it in, and start rinsing. And when I'm done, unclip it and roll it back into the garage.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I was thinking of something like this, with a Y fitting on the faucet with the second line connected to a pressure washer.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Jinx:

I don't know if this is worth trying after washing with well water but how about spritz-ing down the car with distilled water while it is still wet. Distilled is about $2/gallon and it should reduce spotting a lot. Might be good enough until you decide on a resin bed system.

I can also suggest using a Metro Vacuum Blo 'n Vac (or a leaf blower dedicated to car use only) to blow the water off the surface quickly. After the water is blown off, spritz with distilled, and then lightly wipe with a microfiber towel. My water quality is very good (city water with not much hardness/dissolved solids) so I might be trying to compare apples and oranges.

HTH,

Chris

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Yeah, spots form before you can reach for a towel in the sun

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Well, Incase you do go for the CR spotless system, you can use my 10% discount code, "whittington18" . I also get $25 if you use that code since it's like a rewards system.

I've also tried a leaf blower but never had such luck. It always just blew it around the car, even if I'd try to sheet it off. Some people swear by them though. Guess it's all about technique.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
If you use a DA to apply waxes, 3D makes a product called HD Speed. I use it on all the cars I wax at work before applying a sealant. It removes all water spots that may have been missed and it has very light diminishing abrasives so it removes any wash swirls as well. Other than that, try getting a water blade. Walmart has them. The cheaper red handle one is MUCH better than the flimsy yellow one. As long as you get in a habit of running it clean between your fingers after each swipe, I have never had any swirls induced from this and I can dry a car in about 1:30.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back