Week from Tuesday...

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 05 goes back in to get re-tuned.. the car has been running like crap every since it got its first tune.. while it was cold it would buck like a horse in heat and at WOT from a dead stop it would pause form 1st to 2nd gear (Auto) So I had a talk with the owner of Speed Freaks in Tracy and he mapped out my fule curves and explained to me why the car was doing what it was doing and it was making me loose power.... So I am looking forward to the new numbers... if now there 420/380 I wounder what I will pick up if any..

Now all I need is the BMR LCA relocation brackets.. get my DR;'s mounted on my stock rims and I am off to the track for some numbers!!!! :clap:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Any new performance mods added since last time?

You still working at Apex?

Let us know your experience with Rav at Speed Freaks, a buddy of mine has considered getting some tuning done on his Saleen from them.

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No longer working there on my days off.. We just moved into a larger place and well 1 day off a week wasnt realy cutting anymore.

I think the list of mods havent realy changed any..
Saleen SC
JBA Headers
Bassani High Flow X pipe
Bassani Race mufflers (new)
C&L Racer kit
1 inch Throttle body spacer (new)
4.10 gears
Canton Ice Box (new)
7.5 Pulley

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Dizzle and I went to Speed freaks about a year ago to tune is car and Ravi seemed to be a good tuner and took his time in doing it though out the rpm spectrum. Dizzle has been a happy camper since then. Let us know how it goes

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea Ravi is a good guy,, the hung out with us during WC Nats.. he over heard us talking about how the car was bucking when it was cold and he came back with what I call his huge PSP.. hooked it up to the car and explained everything to me.... I do like the fact he does a full spec tune through the gears...

I will diffinately post up when its finished!

lostsoul

Reaction score
sweet.. keep us informed.. ask him if he finished that 16 psi procher s197

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So as of right now I am very impressed by Ravi.. He has dialed the car in and has given me updates as they come around... plus he is letting me play on his computer while I wait...woohoo

Everything is set but the C&L is getting a new toy added to it right now.. SCT Billet Big Mouth Mass Air.. once thats on he will be able to fine tune WOT and I will be set... but as of right now the car is running from night to day!

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will say I know who my new tuner is going to be... I guess we can all do the numbers but when my car was originally tuned I came back with 418 RWHP with 377 RWTQ on a Dyno Jet with a 12.5 A/F.

Now after going to Speed Freaks and letting Ravi have the car for the day.. they run a Mustang Dyno... My base pull was about 358 RWHP with my MAF curves all over the place.. (reason I was having issues when the car was cold bucking)

We added the SCT Big Mouth and final numbers were 453 RWHP and 416 RWTQ with a 11.6 A/F...

We did the match on the dyno for shits and giggles to see what my numbers would be on a Dyno Jet..... 498HP/457TQ.. give or take a few numbers for a corrected balance

We pulled it off the dyno that night... The guys were great and all stayed there with us till the end to help out... plus we had a good time talking trash and joking around.

Ravi took her for her first test drive then handed me the keys... The guys teased me to "really take it out for a test drive" I guess they gave a customer a hard time earlier in the day who had a 600+ HP Cobra that babied it out after bragging about how hard he gets on it.. So I launched it from a stop and ....... snapped the belt :)

They swarmed the shop looking for a belt for me but told them to go home and I would be back today to pick her up... so a good friend of mine who worked there gave me a ride home..So I will be picking her up today.

I will give Ravi 100% praise in his quality of work he does... he would not let that car off the dyno until he was 100% satisfied the tune was solid! I guess that's why he caps his dyno fee's to 3 hours.. lol

Going back in.. in a few weeks to have a upper adjustable Control arm put in to set my pinion angle then its off to the track.. woohoo

Last edited:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great numbers bro! Especially for an Auto on a Mustang Dyno!

Sounds like he knows what he's doing with these cars!

lostsoul

Reaction score
I want 453 on a mustang dyno... I need beer... stat! ='( ...

looks like I'm dinking with you this weekend stanly.. haha

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it was nice to be able to feel the gain on the road but was even better when I nailed it when my buddy wasnt ready and watched his head bounce off the head rest... :clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back