Went to the track with the new M&H's.

taylor_reid

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41029

Thread from my first time. Best was a 13.58 @ 103.12. Best 60' was a 2.04.

Last night I went to the track. Only thing different were the tires. They were 2.5" taller than my other tires.

Went a 13.35 @ 102.50, best 60' was a 1.88.

Head wind was 17mph. It was drizzling slightly on and off. Humidity was around 90%, and the temperature was 83.

Once again, my car is all stock except for 4.10 gears.

I beat a new SS, a G8, another S197, a stock C5, and an older camaro.

The tires helped my ET's and launches, but killed my mph since they are taller.

Once I get my CAI, custom tunes, LCA's, and drag launch springs, I think I can break 12's without the wind and shitty weather.

The M&H tires HOOK btw.

taylor_reid

forum member
Reaction score
Also, was launching at around 4500 rpms. How much can this stock driveshaft handle? I felt I was pushing my luck with it.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Did you dump the clutch or slip the clutch from 4500? Don't think you have to worry about the stock driveshaft for some time.

taylor_reid

forum member
Reaction score
You should be able to break into the 12s with your 4.10s are minor bolt-ons.

You stock driveshaft will be fine

I've been motivated by last nights performance to try and break 12's with only suspension upgrades. Although a CAI may be needed.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I believe any stick tire will hurt MPH a little. I have the same tires and I launch just over 5K. Sometime I don't even look at my RPMs. As soon as the 1st yellow count down lights, I begin reving and then dump it. Suspension upgrades such as LCA and UCA will help.

JOJOGT

2012 5.0
Reaction score
mh's

I run the same tire on my 2007 GT with 410"s . My gt is super charged . But , i still find these tires to hook great. I dont do water burn outs. just a quick rip around the outside of the box(if u can) i also found leaving at lower rpms like right at 1500 or so and smashing the gas is foolproof. my 60ft range from 165 to 170. and I know i have room for improvement. bottom line, MH's 275 50 17 are awesome, especially if you insist on keeping the stock rims.

taylor_reid

forum member
Reaction score
I run the same tire on my 2007 GT with 410"s . My gt is super charged . But , i still find these tires to hook great. I dont do water burn outs. just a quick rip around the outside of the box(if u can) i also found leaving at lower rpms like right at 1500 or so and smashing the gas is foolproof. my 60ft range from 165 to 170. and I know i have room for improvement. bottom line, MH's 275 50 17 are awesome, especially if you insist on keeping the stock rims.

You have an auto?

At 2500, mine almost died when I launched.

vnmous1

Gentleman & Scholar
Official Vendor
Reaction score
You have an auto?

At 2500, mine almost died when I launched.

Running 325/50/15s on Bogarts on my GT500. The compound on the M&Hs is way sticky.

I launch about 4500 and do a very quick, progressive clutch release and swap it for throttle. You won't bog that way. Plus you can rip some pretty good 60s.

Certainly not apples to apples, but my average 60 is a 1.54 with a personal best of a 1.49.

Here's a quick vid of the leave.

Nice job on your efforts. Just keep bringing the R's up til it breaks loose. But don't just dump the clutch. You'll be whittlin' those 60s down in a hurry!!

All the best-

bj

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like we missed racing each other by one day. Great job with the launch and stick. I am hoping to be at Byron on the 6th if weather and other details fall into place. Next year we need to race as we are pretty close in times. Who did your tune?

Running 325/50/15s on Bogarts on my GT500. The compound on the M&Hs is way sticky.

I launch about 4500 and do a very quick, progressive clutch release and swap it for throttle. You won't bog that way. Plus you can rip some pretty good 60s.

Certainly not apples to apples, but my average 60 is a 1.54 with a personal best of a 1.49.

Here's a quick vid of the leave.

Nice job on your efforts. Just keep bringing the R's up til it breaks loose. But don't just dump the clutch. You'll be whittlin' those 60s down in a hurry!!

All the best-

bj

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back