What have you done to your mustang today?

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like to keep mine out of the salt, but also we have lots and lots of hills here and I have no desire to attempt driving my car on shitty roads where I have to go up and down hills.

I got through 5+ winters in my old '90 2.3L Mustang with an open diff, but the advantage of that thing was that it had no power. I never got stuck but I was close a few times. This car is lower and has more power, and I don't even want to deal with it.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's for periodic State inspection reasons.

Norm

Precisely. I want to be 100% emissions legal, as it is a daily driver. To pass in PA, the OBD 2 plugin test must read the correct VIN.

I didn't think it possible because of them being completely different cpu.

Yes, it is possible. I used Ford IDS to do the flash.

Last edited:

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Got a pair of sportline rear springs for really cheap, and got them installed today. I was surprised at how easy this job was

ziW9QYw.jpg

She's sitting pretty even now. My rear tires are 1/2" taller then my fronts. Supposedly my front k-springs are a 1.5" drop, and these rear sportlines are 2"

HNFpJ4Y.jpg

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly, as it also doesn't make any sense to me either.. IIRC the only difference between the 2005-10 4.6 3v over the 2011-14 Coyote 4v exhaust, is the diameter size increased from 2.5" to 3" :shrug:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly, as it also doesn't make any sense to me either.. IIRC the only difference between the 2005-10 4.6 3v over the 2011-14 Coyote 4v exhaust, is the diameter size increased from 2.5" to 3" :shrug:

IIRC it's 2.75" on the 11-14 cars.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
You recall correctly, it is 2.75" on the 11-14's.

There isn't any reason the solo system wouldn't fit. It's only two adapters away.

We put a '14 GT exhaust from after cat back on my son's '05 V6. The Y pipe on the V6 was 2.25" and the H pipe on the GT was 2.25". A couple careful measurements, cutting the V6 Y pipe and GT H pipe along with two 2.25" pipe couplers and the entire '14 GT system went right in. Had to add driver side muffler hangers but it all bolted right up.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so I was off by 1/4" on the 11-14 exhaust size.. As for not having any reason behind the Solo system not fitting, I've been corresponding with the CEO of Solo Performance via e-mail regarding the fitment for the 05-10 models in which his exact response was, Solo Performance does not offer exhaust kits for the older 2005-10 3v cars at this time.. He also stated that if I were interested in a Solo exhaust system, he recommends that I take my car up to their facilities and have their shop custom fabricate an exhaust kit that will properly fit my 2006 GT.. Therefore if the 11-14 kits can be adapted to fit with a couple of adapters as you stated in your post, then why wasn't this suggested as a possible alternative by the CEO of Solo Performance :shrug:

Edit: just got off the phone with Rich who's one of the installers from Solo Performance.. Anyhow he did confirm their 2011-14 exhaust systems will NOT fit on the older 2005-10 cars without major modifications.. His reasons, the exhaust hangers are in different locations and he also mentioned areas such as the size/shape and bends of the OTA pipes at the rear axle are also different and would more than likely not clear over the rear axle.. Therefore he strongly recommends taking my car up to their facilities and have them weld in a pair of J-pipes either towards the location of the gas tank or further upstream towards the H crossover section in order to provide adequate clearance for best fitment.. At any rate, it appears that I'll be following Rich's recommendation by having Solo fabricate and custom install J-pipes onto my existing exhaust setup, rather than go through all the hassle and added expense by having a shop do custom fabrication mods to the Solo exhaust systems designed specifically for the 2011-14 S197 models..

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Can't make money selling S197 4.6 parts.. just rejigged stock oil pans and stuff from MMR

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Vendors such as Brenspeed, JDM engineering, CJ pony parts, Steeda, VMP, AM and Stage 3 motorsports don't appear to have any problems in continuing to make money from selling S197 4.6 parts lol.

Last edited:

Joe88xj

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so I was off by 1/4" on the 11-14 exhaust size.. As for not having any reason behind the Solo system not fitting, I've been corresponding with the CEO of Solo Performance via e-mail regarding the fitment for the 05-10 models in which his exact response was, Solo Performance does not offer exhaust kits for the older 2005-10 3v cars at this time.. He also stated that if I were interested in a Solo exhaust system, he recommends that I take my car up to their facilities and have their shop custom fabricate an exhaust kit that will properly fit my 2006 GT.. Therefore if the 11-14 kits can be adapted to fit with a couple of adapters as you stated in your post, then why wasn't this suggested as a possible alternative by the CEO of Solo Performance :shrug:

Edit: just got off the phone with Rich who's one of the installers from Solo Performance.. Anyhow he did confirm their 2011-14 exhaust systems will NOT fit on the older 2005-10 cars without major modifications.. His reasons, the exhaust hangers are in different locations and he also mentioned areas such as the size/shape and bends of the OTA pipes at the rear axle are also different and would more than likely not clear over the rear axle.. Therefore he strongly recommends taking my car up to their facilities and have them weld in a pair of J-pipes either towards the location of the gas tank or further upstream towards the H crossover section in order to provide adequate clearance for best fitment.. At any rate, it appears that I'll be following Rich's recommendation by having Solo fabricate and custom install J-pipes onto my existing exhaust setup, rather than go through all the hassle and added expense by having a shop do custom fabrication mods to the Solo exhaust systems designed specifically for the 2011-14 S197 models..

let us know how it works out!

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Drove it and fueled it up- fuel tested close to 90% ethanol still so I filled a 6 gallon jug as well- should have enough fuel till it gets tore apart in a few weeks

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Schroth 4 point Quickfit Pro with anti-submarine technology

Picked them up on eBay for $280 for both pair abs they are brand new. Going rate @AM is $730

36586cb8c450536f56969c68f8827da5.jpg

c4c977d53c1e2eef0c2233e89008d159.jpg

48016c69ced7785d35d5a69697744891.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back