What have you done to your mustang today?

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Pick up a set of 4 Forgestar CF5 18x10. AM keeps dropping the price, down to $180 ea, started their sale at $250 ea.... Fuck I dont even know what to do with them, going to be a while before I can pick up a set of 295/40 Falken RT615K

I guess I got one of the last sets cause now they're back to $360 ea

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Getting a little chilly here in NJ, my summer only tires with my track pack wheels came off. Put my winter tire package on. Night time the summer tires are losing ton of traction last week. Day time they have been ok. My Mustang doesn't go out in bad weather, just have winter tires so I can enjoy my GT just as much in cold weather as I can in the summer!

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Pick up a set of 4 Forgestar CF5 18x10. AM keeps dropping the price, down to $180 ea, started their sale at $250 ea.... **** I dont even know what to do with them, going to be a while before I can pick up a set of 295/40 Falken RT615K

I kept getting emails from AM about the CF5 wheels I looked at when they were at $250 and like you mentioned, eventually got to $180 each. You got a really good deal on great wheels.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
I kept getting emails from AM about the CF5 wheels I looked at when they were at $250 and like you mentioned, eventually got to $180 each. You got a really good deal on great wheels.

Yeah I really didnt want to buy new wheels, I was about to buy some L&M intake cams, but I have wanted those wheels for a long time and seeing them at literally half price... LOL

QuickShift281

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to test fit the Apex EC-7 18x10 I ordered (I was a dumb sh** and didnt snap any photos). Time to start ordering the rest and the other list or parts for the off season.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I finally got around to cutting the stock rear bump stops. Been riding around on the bump stops for way too long. The car takes small bumps sooooo much better now, but boy, when she bottoms out...whoa! Big bang!

Pick up a set of 4 Forgestar CF5 18x10. AM keeps dropping the price, down to $180 ea, started their sale at $250 ea.... **** I dont even know what to do with them, going to be a while before I can pick up a set of 295/40 Falken RT615K

Nice score!

I had a set of four CF5s in my AM cart when they were $199 a piece. Like you, I didn't really need new wheels, but I felt like that was a steal. I just couldn't pull the trigger to spend $800 on something I really didn't need. I might have grabbed a set at $180 a piece, but they were all claimed by then.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
dang it, I got the cheapest ass resin wheels for 160/ea from AM earlier, would have rather had these forgestars. Oh well, they are on the car. Welds someday.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I finally got around to cutting the stock rear bump stops. Been riding around on the bump stops for way too long. The car takes small bumps sooooo much better now, but boy, when she bottoms out...whoa! Big bang!

The Ford Racing bump stops are the same height as the stock ones, but a bit softer, they never produce that big bang you mentione

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
dang it, I got the cheapest ass resin wheels for 160/ea from AM earlier, would have rather had these forgestars. Oh well, they are on the car. Welds someday.

Dont feel too bad, one of my four wheels showed up like this

BVJ1Cvi.jpg

IcMoxFD.jpg

YIzUHbr.jpg

S8lzDQl.jpg

Now I get to find out just how good their customer service is...

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
A lot of the times during these huge-discount sales, AM and LMR (and maybe others) use the sales to clear out previously-owned (USED) merchandise, hoping that small issues will keep the items sold due to the huge discount the customer got.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I must have a problem, I bought another axle back the other night. When I first bought my car I put an MBRP axle back on, kept it for a year or so and then sold it when I put chambered mufflers on the car and now I've been through 3 others.

Well, I've been eyeballing the MBRP again, found it on auto parts warehouse AND they had a 20% off coupon...so I bought it, for $286 (the stainless version, mind you).

My driver's seat has a big split in the cushion but of course I'm buying axle backs.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Dont feel too bad, one of my four wheels showed up like this

Now I get to find out just how good their customer service is...

Having been through a similar issue, I can attest to AM's customer support being good although, it was a pain in the arse.

Ordered four Forgestar 19x10 CF5's over 2016 Black Friday and two wheels showed up damaged (one bent, one with several gouges around the barrel lip). AM wanted pics of wheels and boxes, then sent two new wheels out.

The two new wheels were the wrong color and one was bent. The boxes had the original color crossed out and the new color listed on a sticker. AM wanted pics of wheels and boxes, then sent two new wheels out.

The next two new wheels arrived and were the right color but one was badly dented. AM wanted pics of the wheel and box, then sent a new wheel out.

The last wheel arrived and was the right color with no apparent damage.

A couple weeks later, took the wheels and tires to my favorite mount and balance shop. As I always do with new wheels, I have the shop spin them on the balance machine to check for any runout. Sure enough, one wheel had excessive lateral runout and measured at .272" at the bead. All the other wheels had less than .01" in both lateral and radial directions.

AM sent another wheel out after New Years and it was spot on without any issues.

I commented to AM that they should double box their wheels like I've seen other places do to reduce the possibilities of damage from shipping.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Finally cut down my rear bump stops too (it's been lowered 2 years now). Not a huge difference but noticeable. I also noticed the other day on my smoke break that I had my wheels oriented where they were covering up my nice purdy slotted rotors. The rears are spot on now, but couldn't get the fronts perfect, better but not perfect.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Got a smoking deal on a Cobra Jet manifold set up for my car. Hopefully be here early next week for installation. Already have my base tune file from Lund and I'm itching to get to work.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The Ford Racing bump stops are the same height as the stock ones, but a bit softer, they never produce that big bang you mentione

Yeah, I saw those, but I figured I'd try the "free" fix first. So far, it has only bottomed out a couple of times on pretty big asphalt patches on the road. If it starts happening a lot, I will grab a set of the FR bump stops.

fourdegrees11...for the price, I probably wouldn't even worry about those scuffs on the CF5s. And look at it this way, you got a free TPMS! :biggrin:

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
A lot of the times during these huge-discount sales, AM and LMR (and maybe others) use the sales to clear out previously-owned (USED) merchandise, hoping that small issues will keep the items sold due to the huge discount the customer got.

This was spot on. Thier response was those wheels are no longer available, so I can return them all if I want. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I think I'm going to keep them, but part of me wants to just send them back and never shop at AM again That's just plain shady to knowingly get rid of used inventory under the disguise of a sale.

Yeah I could definitely touch-up the gouge on the rim of the wheel, and the minor scuffs arent noticeable unless you're within a foot of the wheel. But still, fuck AM!

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Installed leather shift boot and leather e-brake boot. Got white stitching to match the seats and they look spiffy, imho. More show, no go modification, lol. Lemme tell ya, those boots are a handful (not 10/10 on the mofo scale but a solid 5.5) to install - finicky and time consuming. And the boots don't come with instructions ("figure it out, end user!"). It would have been 100% easier to install the GT500 Alacantra boots (that are attached to OEM plastic brackets) but then they don't match the seats. I'll post up some pics later.

Chris

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back