What have you done to your mustang today?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Gabe, those BMR springs with LCA's are awesome. IIRC weren't you running Steeda sport springs? Just curious if the BMR's are considered a higher quality spring over the Steeda sport springs :shrug:

I removed "Steeda Sport" rear springs (the fronts are coming out too).
As it turns out, Steeda springs are actually Hyperco springs.
Even the same color, they don't change a thing.
They still say Hyperco right on them, same part # you can buy through kmart.com

I haven't had a chance to drive on the BMR's yet, car's still on jack stands

27057168748_497f4779c8_o.jpg

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, Gabe. Now that I know Hyperco is the manufacturer of the Steeda springs, I'll be replacing my current Eibach pro springs with BMR when the time comes :waytogo:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Thanks, Gabe. Now that I know Hyperco is the manufacturer of the Steeda springs, I'll be replacing my current Eibach pro springs with BMR when the time comes :waytogo:

You're welcome, but remember, I've been quite happy with my "Steeda Sport" springs for over 3-4 years.
Only reason I'm switching to the BMR is because of the Whipple kit dragging down the front-end a bit too much onto those GT lowering springs, so I'm installing BMR front GT500 springs. Doing the rears so they are all the same brand and more similar handling characteristics.
I hold no ill feelings toward Hyperco. Pretty sure they're an American company.
And unlike the Eibachs I had on my '07 Charger, they're all still unbroken.
Three of the 4 Eibachs on my Charger were broken after 3 years on that car.
Never buying Eibach again.

travelers

Reaction score
You're welcome, but remember, I've been quite happy with my "Steeda Sport" springs for over 3-4 years.
Only reason I'm switching to the BMR is because of the Whipple kit dragging down the front-end a bit too much onto those GT lowering springs, so I'm installing BMR front GT500 springs. Doing the rears so they are all the same brand and more similar handling characteristics.

I maybe doing the same as my front end is also low but I have the P springs. I did move the batt to the trunk to help, but not much. I may be also changing the shock and camber plates.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

Personally, I have nothing against "Steeda Sport springs by Hyperco, Gabe. However, I know very little about Hyperco and would much rather deal with an established company such as BMR which is definitely an American company that manufactures their products right here in the U.S. As for my current Eibach's are concerned, I've been keeping a very close eye on them ever since I learned about 3 of yours breaking after just 3 years on your '07 Charger. I suppose I've been lucky after 10+ years that none of them have broken, but the last thing I should have to worry about is not knowing whether or not they may during actual driving conditions, especially while on the interstate. At any rate, when its all said and done, I'll either upgrade to BMR springs or perhaps consider coil overs instead :shrug:

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yesterday I installed the front BMR GT500 springs, did an oil and filter change on both Mustangs, and swapped the wife's stock wheels onto the car, holding off on the Alcoas until the usual beginning-of-the-season potholes get fixed somewhat.

27081909338_b8bb6b23e2_o.jpg

26080254917_aa0a01e81a_o.jpg

I used new lower isolators for the new springs, since I already had them:

39144007100_f5794d2dd8_o.jpg

The new GT500-spec BMR spring was shorter than the GT-spec Steeda Sport spring I took out:

39144007220_57ac33d234_o.jpg

BMR spring short enough that I didn't need to compress them to put the top nut on and assemble the whole shebang:

39144006920_8e66f482ee_o.jpg

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Gabe, I definitely don't blame you one bit for not putting the wife's Alcoa's back on until knowing for certain about the pothole issues being resolved. I also really like your GT500 spec BMR springs. Looks as though they'll handle the additional weight from your Whipple just fine IMO :waytogo:

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
Installed the new rear end I bought after Christmas, also put on Strange adjustable shocks, BMR 3way adjustable panhard bar, and RTR adjustable sway bar. The rear end is a eaton trutrac with 4.10 gears.

IMG_20180319_175539660.jpg

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
How do you like those 4.10s? I've got 3.73s and have been debating if it's worth it.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Car is about 98 percent ready to come home gets alignment on Monday Lund boost box for the N gauge on Tuesday and then to the dyno and home on Thursday- Hopefully Easter weekend wont be a total rain out and I can get some miles on the car.

07 Boss

Reaction score
used my shiny pneumatic lube gun to grease up the chassis/suspension. I really like this thing. Probably one of my better investments.

Let me see... what else. Adjusted exhaust because it was squeaking. Got the headlights to finally turn on. Changed the serpentine belt. Changed O2 sensors (gonna change them again tonight). New fuel filter. Oh, and installed the BMR front springs to replace the stupid low Cobra Jet ones.

Still gotta get the horn to work and change the turn signal lever. Oh, and get her by smog.

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
How do you like those 4.10s? I've got 3.73s and have been debating if it's worth it.

I like how agressive the car hooks and accelerates with the combo, I'm running a pretty big (305/45R18) tires, so still plenty of room in all gears. I got my rear end used, so I do have some gear whine, have heard mixed reviews on if that is avoidable. I don't really care either way because I enjoy how everything works together on the newer setup. Huge change from previous setup. I originally had the 3.31:1 gears in the rear end, so very noticeable. I haven't ever drove a 3.73:1 though.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Took it out of the garage, let it idle for a good long while, and dusted it off.
Re-activated the full insurance coverage instead of just the minimum I ran during the winter while it slept in the garage.

26166849957_1641d58b6f_o.jpg

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
Where is the right side swaybar to axle clamp?

Nice catch! I was only shipped one, so that picture is before I received the other. I was just so excited to have the rear end under the car!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I just took the Mustang out for about 40 miles, ran it low on gas and re-filled with some fresh 93 plus an octane booster/fuel additive thing I use.
So nice to drive it again !!!

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought about getting mine out this week but it's supposed to rain the entire week- and I didn't want the first week back out to be rain every damn day. Hopefully soon...

It's ready to go though. I pulled off the FRPP (Borla Touring) axle back I had on there and put my original o/a pipes with Magnaflow resonators back on, and put on an MBRP axle back. Surprised at how mellow it actually is with that setup but it might be a little on the quiet side, have to get out and get the mufflers broken in and see how I like it.

Still gotta get that damn airbag recall done, maybe I could do it Friday since I'm off.

travelers

Reaction score
I just took the Mustang out for about 40 miles, ran it low on gas and re-filled with some fresh 93 plus an octane booster/fuel additive thing I use.
So nice to drive it again !!!

How was the ride with the new springs? Did you measure the car height? It will settle a little.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
How was the ride with the new springs? Did you measure the car height? It will settle a little.

Ride was good, more comfortable I think than the Steeda/Hyperco springs.
I measured the ride height before I drove it, the front was the same as the worn Steedas, the rear was about 3/8" lower.
Disappointed the front isn't a bit higher like I thought and hoped would be, being GT500 springs.

But I do really like the stance:

41020139592_5d22e0cc8f_o.jpg

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Installed an Autometer Monster Tach in my 2012 without drilling any holes in the dash panels or dash pad. It was kind of a pain in the butt because you kinda have to partially mount the console panel, and then fish the tach wires through the mount, attach the tach to the mount, and then push the console panel into its final position, but it ends up being a real clean install.

After installing it, I started the car, and determined that I should have used 1/8-inch aluminum instead of 1/16 for the panel that the tach mount is bolted to, so I'll be off to the hardware store to get some more aluminum so I can re-fab the mount panel.

monster_tach_01.jpg

monster_tach_02.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back