What have you done to your mustang today?

travelers

Reaction score
Fuck, $60 for 2 little metal plates and some bolts and nuts?

You did notice that you have to cut the old ones off and I guess the new ones have to be welded on. I didn't see any install instructions. So not just the 60 cost and fixed shipping of 6.00 but the cost of welding on, unless I missed the install instructions and they have a different way to mount it.

Who are you getting to host your pics?

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
You did notice that you have to cut the old ones off and I guess the new ones have to be welded on. I didn't see any install instructions. So not just the 60 cost and fixed shipping of 6.00 but the cost of welding on, unless I missed the install instructions and they have a different way to mount it.

You don't cut off the old ones you unbolt the oem bracket and install these it moves the bump stops 2" to the inside

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/product/s197-bumpstop-relocation-brackets/

Picture6.jpg

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Those relocation brackets only seem to move the bump stops inboard (towards the pumpkin) to run wider wheels and not forward towards the front of the car. Am I just looking at it wrong?

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
The relocation kit comes with a plate that bolts to the existing axle pad and allows the bump stop to be rotated to fall directly under the highest portion of the frame V above the axle. Most lowered Mustangs will pickup roughly 3/4" of additional travel with the bump stop being moved to the optimal location.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The relocation kit comes with a plate that bolts to the existing axle pad and allows the bump stop to be rotated to fall directly under the highest portion of the frame V above the axle. Most lowered Mustangs will pickup roughly 3/4" of additional travel with the bump stop being moved to the optimal location.

But it seems like it just moves the bump stop inward, not forward at all

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Is this true for all relocating kits? I recently dropoed the rear another 1/2" and would be nice to gain 3/4" of travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

travelers

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if you needed to remove the stock mount, so the plate sits on the oem bump stop making it higher.

Gabe I looked at mine and it has .5" clearance between the bump stop and the frame.

I need to get under my car and look around.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

I use flickr.com now. Deleted all my stuff off photofucket and canceled my auto-renewal (I was on a $29/year plan that got eliminated).

I wasn't sure if you needed to remove the stock mount, so the plate sits on the oem bump stop making it higher.

Gabe I looked at mine and it has .5" clearance between the bump stop and the frame.

I need to get under my car and look around.

I wouldn't have given it any more thought if it wasn't for the hard hits I took over some light bumps a couple days ago.
To see almost no clearance pretty much told me why it was hitting so hard, I guess.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Installed the Circle D 2C stall converter. Getting ready to order Deatschwerks 95# injectors and drop from an 82 to a 79mm pulley for a little more boost. Just seeking a little more HP. Really don't wish to break that 600 RWHP thresh hold without updating some things on the bottom end. Should put me at the 11-11.5psi boost level via my 2.3 TVS. May consider looking to Jon Lund for a tune alternative to my current tuner. I'm hearing that Lund is hard to beat when it comes to the tuning portion of the 6R80 auto. I'd like someone better capable in the 6R80 area as a remote tuner.

Last edited:

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why is it I can never get the exhaust to line up correctly on this car? My axle back alignment is always screwed up. Sometimes I hate the way they did the exhaust on these cars. Trying to get these stupid mufflers to rotate a little more so the tips will line up and I can start driving the car...ugh

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Why is it I can never get the exhaust to line up correctly on this car? My axle back alignment is always screwed up. Sometimes I hate the way they did the exhaust on these cars. Trying to get these stupid mufflers to rotate a little more so the tips will line up and I can start driving the car...ugh

Totally agree, I've had so many different mufflers from cheap to expensive and all fit like shit or takes some real effort to align. Not sure if it's the car or the muffler.

Going to cut the hangers off, reweld and re-center mine tomorrow.

travelers

Reaction score

Did some wack the back of your car??????? Just kidding. My '07 I had to heat and tweek the pipes. The '11 fits in the center like it's suppose to.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nah it hasn't been hit...I just can't figure out the issue.

The exhaust alignment was totally jacked up before because of my old JBA headers. I replaced those, and everything lines up better, yet I still have fitment isses at the axle back, and no two AB's fit the same either. Right now I'm trying to put this Ford Racing one back on and both mufflers are shifted over toward the passenger side and it doesn't make sense as to why.

I looked at those ball-socket connectors that Jeg's & Summit sell multiple times but never bought them because I didn't want to have to cut my pipes down. Starting to think maybe those would be a good idea after all.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
quickie wash job, installed the center caps, drove it about 25 miles today- snow yesterday 75 today back to 38 on Monday and rain all weekend. spring has sucked ass this year for sure.cmh.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Took the car out for a quick errand. Made it a not-so-quick errand :)

Trimming the rear bumps stops made a huge difference in the ride quality, she's no longer got a lead-filled ass over bumps.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

Not much better on my 13 or 14 with the different clamp design. I had a 2005 GT adn found the only exhaust system that lined up correctly was the magnaflow street series, but that was with OR X and LT's. I wouldn't run the street series on a stock exhaust with cats unless I was 80 and that is a few decades off or more. Too quiet even for me stock.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I dug out my old Edelbrock SDT axle back (chambered mufflers, they were the OEM mufflers on the Saleens- I got this one on closeout ridiculously cheap a few years back off Edelbrock's website). Hasn't been on the car since right after I put the headers on, but I threw it on and it fit almost perfect with just a little adjustment. So weird.

I think I originally pulled it off because it droned more than I liked so we'll see how it is.

Edit: Yep, now I remember why I took this one off. Drone city. Dammit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back