What have you done to your mustang today?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Replaced the fuel filter in the Shelby.
Didn't break anything and the car started, ran fine, and didn't throw any check engine lights when I was done.
I call that success.
Time for some alcohol.

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score
Changed the cheap leaky gaskets that came with my BBK shorty headers to factory multi layer steel gaskets. I read the posts about using the factory gaskets but said to myself, nah I'll be alright. I shoulda put them in first time I installed the headers. Shorty headers are probably the biggest pain in the ass mod I've ever done on any car in the past 30 years!!!!

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
test fitted the bell mouth and silicone adapter to the pro charger- add the 2 clamps after the pic. this setup is for track only.bellmouth.jpg

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Ordered some Permatex 84145 for my defrost vent up on the dash. It was the only epoxy I could find that dried black and not clear or opaque. Did a shitty job of applying it but it seems to be holding well and at least the vent isn't flapping around any more.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Not today but this week I’ve replaced my old Shaker headunit that finally started acting up and wrapped my hood matte black.. might start offering wraps once I get a little more practice, figured for my first cowl hood wrap job it wasn’t bad at all!

B0_C9_A252_CF29_497_F_9_C84_10265652_C877.jpg

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Took her out for some Data logging, fresh gas and hit the touchless car wash. First bath sense Oct 2016 [emoji52]. Started buffing fenders and hood getting scratches out from its 1-1/2 stay in the garage!
74a1c88593cad29efa084d856409d07d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Took both cars out today, we both were jonesing to drive them again.
An hour cruise each way, we ended up at Ed Day at New England Dragway, an annual charity event organized by one of the guys in the NH Mustang Club.
We parked them with the other cars that were part of the show that they do as part of the event.
I ended up with the trophy for the '10-'14 Mustang class.
I think it was by default since I'm pretty sure it was the only non-Roush/Shelby/other-special-model '10-'14 Mustang there, lol

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
An hour cruise each way, we ended up at Ed Day at New England Dragway, an annual charity event organized by one of the guys in the NH Mustang Club.
We parked them with the other cars that were part of the show that they do as part of the event.
I think it was by default since I'm pretty sure it was the only non-Roush/Shelby/other-special-model '10-'14 Mustang there, lol
Showing up is half the battle

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

Hey there Gabe, when it comes to winning trophies, take them however and whenever you can. Congrats :waytogo:

Showing up is half the battle

And so is detailing lol.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Went on a mountain cruise with the Mustang Club of Maryland. 50+ Mustangs of all generations tearing up back roads. Good times.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Vince, that sounds awesome.

And thanks about the trophy guys, wasn't really looking for one, hell I just took the car through a touchless wash and drove up, didn't do anything under the hood or inside, car was dirty ... but whatever. One more thing to dust.

This guy had a bad day in his brand new Z06:

IMG_8173.JPG IMG_8197.JPG

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OOf.

I went to a JPC drag strip rental right after I got my 2011; it was right after the Coyote engine debuted. There was a guy there in a grey 2011 5.0 just like mine who put it into the wall about 60' down the track. Said afterwards that he thought if it started spinning he was supposed to keep the throttle to the firewall and "power through it."

Dumbass.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That ^^^ looks awesome!

Today the wife and I drove the Shelby down to the dealership she bought it from to get the passenger side airbag recall done.
We were there about an hour and a half, and had a fun ride back and forth.
I drove down, she drove back.
Every time I drive that car it makes me wish my GT had more displacement, hahaha

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
thanks- I really think it has a high 9.20 in it once it gets dialed in - on a well prepped track and good air of course. The track ask me to move to the "don't ask /don't tell lane(s)" and pay the extra $10 fee. I gladly did.:D

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back