What have you done to your mustang today?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those 18x10s I sold you fit up front with only minimal rubbing at full lock with 285s mounted on them. You could probably just measure those and do a few calculations...

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Those 18x10s I sold you fit up front with only minimal rubbing at full lock with 285s mounted on them. You could probably just measure those and do a few calculations...

They're still sitting stacked in the basement. Still not sure what I'm gonna do with them, lol.
I have some small 4-5mm spacers I could put on, I've used them before with no issues.
I'm close to slapping some old tires on them so I can burn them off :)

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With 285/40R18s, those caused rubbing on the front struts only at FULL steering lock. I would bet that even a 2.5-mm spacer would fix that.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
With 285/40R18s, those caused rubbing on the front struts only at FULL steering lock. I would bet that even a 2.5-mm spacer would fix that.

If the new wheels are 18x10 with 42mm offset like the Forgestars in the link above, that's almost the same specs as the AMR's I got from you. Those things are 45mm offset. So yeah, a thin spacer would fix it.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If the new wheels are 18x10 with 42mm offset like the Forgestars in the link above, that's almost the same specs as the AMR's I got from you. Those things are 45mm offset. So yeah, a thin spacer would fix it.

SCIENCE!!!!

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
I actually bought the MBRP's over the winter (found a good deal on a set online). I had them on the car briefly in the garage but did not drive with them. They sound amazing but I think they are probably just too loud for a daily. I suppose I could try actually driving with them but based on idling/revving, they were too much.

TBH I even have high flow cats and I'm not sure how the MBRP's are quieter than Borla Stingers for you :hmm:
There was a big difference in driving and overall volume. Now when romping WOT it can get to Stinger volume. Idle is actually a little louder. Sounds more crisp and chops more actually. The borlas seem to mellow out or smooth out the idle more and hide some of the chop. But honestly big difference in driving. I would recommend to try again and drive with them.
:LMAO: It's why there are so many different exhausts available. I sold my MBRPs because they were too quiet. I've got LTs, ORH, and FR500s and everyone asks how I don't get arrested. I had convinced myself that, yeah, my car was too loud and so I bought the MBRPs. Put them on, drove them for two miles, turned around and came home and realized I didn't smile once while driving. It was a nice deep mellow sound, but after I put the FR500s back on I knew I was done. I would probably have a different setup if it was my DD.
They get a bit louder as you put some miles on them. I have no idea how people say they are way too quiet. I mean if my borlas were a 9/10 on loud I'd rate these a 7 or 8. Now when getting it I'd say 9. But just normal driving easy 7. But I have noticed most guys put them on drive once and say its too quiet. I absolutely love them and will never use another again. Only other is the fr500s but these sound close but also I love the tips on these and the volume is right.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, maybe I'll do that. I can't keep these Edelbrocks on anyway so might as well try out the MBRP's. I also love the looks of the MBRP system, though I hate the non adjustable tips as I've been having difficulty getting those types to line up correctly on my car.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
My understanding was the rasp comes from the LTH. Not the mufflers.

I have kooks long tubes and off-road H and have some rasp. It's not from my FM outlaws.

Removing the cats also has an effect as well. For your particular setup, I'd look into adding resonators as your best solution for getting rid of rasp and also reducing any drone you may have.

Edit: It was trumpeting that I was intending to describe, not rasp.

They clear because of Vorshlag's magical offsets that they won't tell anybody what they are.
I wonder, do they erase the numbers off the back of the wheels to keep them a secret?
Plus, they're only 10" wide, so it's not that hard to make a 295 fit in the front.
I had my 305/40/18 drag radials on the front for an autocross session, they cleared fine. Yes, they're Nittos and Nitto runs small, but they're still a pretty wide tire for the front.

38956461544_df5daae671_o.jpg

38768278735_f8704a6923_o.jpg

And they worked awesome, no flopping onto the sidewalls like I had feared they might

26977641917_cf5e29a08b_o.jpg
Like you said, they keep it a secret so that customers buy directly from them. My guess for the offset is probably between 38-40mm :shrug:

I like them a lot, I'd love a silver set for my car. They look awesome.
I just wish they weren't so secretive about their offsets.
I understand why they do it, they're protecting their R&D and they want that customer to buy from them.
Lots of people out there that want to run wide wheels/tires front and rear, being more transparent with the fitment solutions would make it easier for many to buy the right-fitting wheel to begin with.

Couldn't agree more :waytogo:

Last edited:

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
@ghunt81 Also these are very quiet in the cabin when cruising windows down or up. Wife and I can have an easy conversation. Don't even notice the exhaust at all. If stock is a 1 when cruising windows up then I'd say maybe 2.5ish. My borlas we a damn 5 easy there but so much damn drone also! I love the borla when I was catted but once the new set up couldn't take it.
Well, maybe I'll do that. I can't keep these Edelbrocks on anyway so might as well try out the MBRP's. I also love the looks of the MBRP system, though I hate the non adjustable tips as I've been having difficulty getting those types to line up correctly on my car.
I'd like to know how they are when you try them out again.

I didn't have any issues with that on mine and I know that was the only thing most said was the alignment. I did before install bend one of the hangers on one a bit. I matched them to my borlas hangers and fit perfect.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Installed my 18x11 Apex EC-7 with 305/35/18 NT01. I have to adjust my camber a bit, but all went well.

Wheels are +52 offset and I'm using a 25mm spacer up front, but probably could have used a 20mm.
ba51ac7e12c44f32e482041043fbb516.jpg
3f2275bf89159d3c45ee973046b25d22.jpg
e6bb1980a73ee11b94606d9052fb2c31.jpg
2b1a49ff893fa3ffd7b19bbfd9b23428.jpg
f04afc550da68aa5db3f541d46c2db56.jpg
4ffb3ffb62169f98ec829408e4645f14.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2fd7cf18497d7b99810f00b692e46cc2.jpg

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. I could probably deal with a 20mm spacer, but since this is track only, it's ok. I'm going Sunday to get an alignment so I will see where things sit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Phil1098

Reaction score
Installed my Roush rear springs today along with the FRPP bump stops. I got rid of the 4X4 look and opted for the AWD look. I just wanted the car leveled out instead of jacked up in the back. Mission accomplished, it looks balanced now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back