What size adjustable front end links?

GravGrip

Reaction score
Hello, I have purchased a customer return of BC coilovers for a great price but they do not include the end links. I can purchase BC end links for 50$ shipped or go the route of adjustable end links. I am looking at a few universal adjustable end links, but what is the size (in mm) I should be looking for? Can not seem to find this answer. Thanks in advance

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Depends on a couple factors;
One, are the strut body end link mounting points in the factory location? (most coilover mfgs lower this point to allow greater ride height range adjustment)
Two, how low do you plan on setting the ride height?

Ideally, mount everything up, set your ride height, hold the swaybar at a 90* angle to the strut and measure from the swaybar mount hole to the strut mount hole to obtain the length. Buy adjustable end links where the middle of the adjustment range equals your measurement.

GravGrip

Reaction score
Depends on a couple factors;
One, are the strut body end link mounting points in the factory location? (most coilover mfgs lower this point to allow greater ride height range adjustment)
Two, how low do you plan on setting the ride height?

Ideally, mount everything up, set your ride height, hold the swaybar at a 90* angle to the strut and measure from the swaybar mount hole to the strut mount hole to obtain the length. Buy adjustable end links where the middle of the adjustment range equals your measurement.

Great advise, thank you. Would it be okay to do this then drive the car until the appropriate end link size comes in the mail? 2-4 days I'd assume (highway driving mainly).

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Depends if there are any clearance issues between the swaybar and LCA at ride height with the factory end-links and the BC coil-overs. You'll know once you get it all installed and set your initial ride heights.

GravGrip

Reaction score
Coilovers are installed, no way to fit stock end links. They are roughly 10.5-11inches. I need 9.5" endlinks. Do you think it will be okay driving with out any end links at all for a few days? Carefully

GravGrip

Reaction score

mist82

Reaction score
Hey, sorry to jump in on the convo, its a similar topic, but slightly different. ive put a pair of spherical adjustable end links on the front sway bar about a year ago, and they were great (couldnt believe the amount of noise i was getting from a whiteline set and steeda set). now about a year later i have that annoying clicking sound coming from the front which is always associated with these spherical links. its not as bad as when the OEM links go bad, but i like my ride quiet when i drive it. only noise that rubs me well is my exhaust :clap:

my car is also lowered, and i will probably need to replace these, but is there any way to reduce this noise by doing something to the links? they look like they are still brand new. i was warned that this might start happening at one point, as these are meant for racing.

thanks

GravGrip

Reaction score
Hey, sorry to jump in on the convo, its a similar topic, but slightly different. ive put a pair of spherical adjustable end links on the front sway bar about a year ago, and they were great (couldnt believe the amount of noise i was getting from a whiteline set and steeda set). now about a year later i have that annoying clicking sound coming from the front which is always associated with these spherical links. its not as bad as when the OEM links go bad, but i like my ride quiet when i drive it. only noise that rubs me well is my exhaust :clap:

my car is also lowered, and i will probably need to replace these, but is there any way to reduce this noise by doing something to the links? they look like they are still brand new. i was warned that this might start happening at one point, as these are meant for racing.

thanks

Try searching around on YouTube. I found a video of a mustang owner having the same problem so he took his off heated them up and worked them loose again and they work quietly again

mist82

Reaction score

Awesome. Thanks a lot!!! i will try that this weekend most likely. It`s driving me nuts, next to a rubber squeak on the rear passenger side that i posted in another thread, that is not links or any bushings connected to the sway bar. That i`ll get to the bottom of if i have to bust out the whole thing there in the back.

GravGrip

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks a lot!!! i will try that this weekend most likely. It`s driving me nuts, next to a rubber squeak on the rear passenger side that i posted in another thread, that is not links or any bushings connected to the sway bar. That i`ll get to the bottom of if i have to bust out the whole thing there in the back.

Yea I here ya, suspension noises are the worst! And embarrassing lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back