Whats in your BOB

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I searched and searched and found nothing on this (tapatalk could be restricting the search).

So as the title says, what have you deemed necessary to be in your bug-out-bag? Personally I am looking at 72 hours minimum, but all ideas, suggestions, reviews are welcome. I am looking at putting a couple together for my wife and myself as a "just in case" and also to use for hiking.
So lets hear it guys, your experience with.. Gear, water, food, shelter (sleeping bags for cold, wet weather), weapons, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Here is my current list... This is in the backpack only. I also have 150 gallons of water on hand at all times and have canned and dry good storage in my "Shelter" (storage room in my basement). Gun safe is in there too!

Qty Food Items

4 Mainstay Emerg. Food Rations
1 Mtn. House Beef Stroganoff (For 2)
1 Mtn. House Beef Stew (For 2)
1 Mtn. House Spag w/meat Sauce (For 2)

Qty Hardware Items

1 Foldable Shovel
1 Small Axe
1 Magnesium Fire Starting Tool
1 35' Nylon Cord
1 12' Nylon Rope
1 Spark-Lite Firestarter w/Tinder
2 Fishing Kits
1 Scalpel Blade
2 Pencils
2 Pad Paper
2 Firesticks
2 Razor Blades
11 MRE Heaters
1 Roll of Safety Tape (Orange)
1 Small Roll of Duct Tape

Qty Outdoor Safety Items

1 Aquamira Water Bottle (Filtered)
2 Frontier Water Filter Straws
2 Coleman PA+ Neutralizing Pellets
4 Toilet Paper Rolls
2 Tissue Packs (140 ct each)
4 HeatSheet Blankets (2 person)
2 HeatSheet Bivvy's (Sleeping Bag)
5 Hooded Poncho's
1 Emergency Blanket (1 person)
12 Hand Warmers
2 Compass
2 Safety Whistles
2 Small Mirror
2 Packs of Matches
1 Poison Ivy Spray
4 Safety Pins
1 Needle & Thread
1 5hr Candle
4 Anitseptic Pads
5 12hr Lightsticks
8 Band-Aids
3 Sets of Gloves

Qty Safety Items:

1 .40 Handgun
4 14rd clips

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
1 handgun
2 rolls of toilet paper
$1000 cash
(2nd and 3rd items may be interchangeable)

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Here is my current list... This is in the backpack only. I also have 150 gallons of water on hand at all times and have canned and dry good storage in my "Shelter" (storage room in my basement). Gun safe is in there too!

Qty Food Items

4 Mainstay Emerg. Food Rations
1 Mtn. House Beef Stroganoff (For 2)
1 Mtn. House Beef Stew (For 2)
1 Mtn. House Spag w/meat Sauce (For 2)

Qty Hardware Items

1 Foldable Shovel
1 Small Axe
1 Magnesium Fire Starting Tool
1 35' Nylon Cord
1 12' Nylon Rope
1 Spark-Lite Firestarter w/Tinder
2 Fishing Kits
1 Scalpel Blade
2 Pencils
2 Pad Paper
2 Firesticks
2 Razor Blades
11 MRE Heaters
1 Roll of Safety Tape (Orange)
1 Small Roll of Duct Tape

Qty Outdoor Safety Items

1 Aquamira Water Bottle (Filtered)
2 Frontier Water Filter Straws
2 Coleman PA+ Neutralizing Pellets
4 Toilet Paper Rolls
2 Tissue Packs (140 ct each)
4 HeatSheet Blankets (2 person)
2 HeatSheet Bivvy's (Sleeping Bag)
5 Hooded Poncho's
1 Emergency Blanket (1 person)
12 Hand Warmers
2 Compass
2 Safety Whistles
2 Small Mirror
2 Packs of Matches
1 Poison Ivy Spray
4 Safety Pins
1 Needle & Thread
1 5hr Candle
4 Anitseptic Pads
5 12hr Lightsticks
8 Band-Aids
3 Sets of Gloves

Qty Safety Items:

1 .40 Handgun
4 14rd clips

That is a great list! I will definitely be using some of your Ideas. I can't be as elaborate on the water due to the fact that I am packing to travel to my ultimate destination in the event of an emergency. But I am looking at some pocket water purification systems and definitely some water tablets.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Why do I need one? 12-21-2012?

LOL no 2012 end of days talk here.

Ever heard of an EMP? There have been speculations for years that China has the ability to hit us with one powerful enough to knock most of our stuff (civilian spec anyway) off the grid. Is it true? Who knows.. Would our society flip the hell out if their Iphone quits working.... YES
Now Imagine that power multiplied by 10 or more and you've got an idea of what one from the sun might be capable of.
Or think of the devastation if Yellowstone actually erupted. Or if something as simple as us getting attacked by another country.
Some might consider these doomsday scenarios. I personally do not. Non of them are causing mass casualties (with the exception of Yellowstone) and all are VERY survivable. Actually there's no reason you couldn't survive (unless your near Yellowstone or a Nuke strike, in which case your probably not going to make it), if your prepared.
Just some food for thought. I am a person who likes to be prepared for the worst. Not saying that's the right way to think for everyone, but its right for me.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
No one else have an emergency pack or hike or camp?

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Zombie apocalypse

aaa yes... I've got a nice and short 12G...

LOL no 2012 end of days talk here.

Ever heard of an EMP? There have been speculations for years that China has the ability to hit us with one powerful enough to knock most of our stuff (civilian spec anyway) off the grid. Is it true? Who knows.. Would our society flip the hell out if their Iphone quits working.... YES
Now Imagine that power multiplied by 10 or more and you've got an idea of what one from the sun might be capable of.
Or think of the devastation if Yellowstone actually erupted. Or if something as simple as us getting attacked by another country.
Some might consider these doomsday scenarios. I personally do not. Non of them are causing mass casualties (with the exception of Yellowstone) and all are VERY survivable. Actually there's no reason you couldn't survive (unless your near Yellowstone or a Nuke strike, in which case your probably not going to make it), if your prepared.
Just some food for thought. I am a person who likes to be prepared for the worst. Not saying that's the right way to think for everyone, but its right for me.

Right on...

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As far as the Nuke scenario goes, I'm screwed. I live near Houston, which is definitely on everyone's target list. i'll be a burnt piece of toast for the zombies to chew on.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
As far as the Nuke scenario goes, I'm screwed. I live near Houston, which is definitely on everyone's target list. i'll be a burnt piece of toast for the zombies to chew on.

LMAO I'll mourn for you buddy. And If I end up in TX I'll blast those bastard Zombies off your corpse... me and deez with our 12 gauges LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back