Wheel Spacer questions

KonaBlueBryar

forum member
Reaction score
I know some people are against spacers and i totally understand, but ive ran alot of them and have had no problems.

I want to run an 8mm spacer, is that too much for our stock studs? i know i could run a 5mm and be okay. i dont push my car too hard, but dont want to be dangerous. whatever i buy will be hubcentric.

i think 8mm is like what, a third of in inch or a little less

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you have enough threads into the lug nut. .33" is getting close to pushing it. I run 1" hubcentric with longer studs.

Need4SpeedMotors

Official Vendor
Reaction score
its 3/4" 8 mm

We only do 5 mm spacers on factory studs, this allows for the safe proper amount of turns on the lug nut 6+

If you do a 8 mm you want to ensure you get the proper amount of turns, not forced turns either brotha.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
8mm/25.4 = .3149"

If you can engage as many threads of the wheel stud as deep as the stud is in diameter, you're good to go.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Check thread engagement info on H+R's site, (I use their 3mm hubcentric spacers). I believe the max you can go with oem studs is just a 3mm spacer. Even vorshlag sez not to use 5+ mm spacers without using longer studs.

An 8mm spacer will require longer studs.

KonaBlueBryar

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for the imput guys! might just run a 5mm spacer, but we will see. I'm contemplating running longer studs but I will have to see how hard the install is

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
On my 2015 GT can I run the American muscle 1.5 inch spacers front and rear or rear only and I have to do 1 inch on front? Also why does it seem like the AM spacers are so much cheaper then the other brand spacers.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Depending on if the stud hole is large enough in your wheels (most OEM Ford wheels are, but I don't know what you have), you can pick up about 1/4" of thread engagement using the "E-T" style lug nuts. They are still cone seat, but have a small shank that is designed to go through the stud hole.

7802-2.jpg

cheers
Ed

KonaBlueBryar

forum member
Reaction score
yeah! really good find actually!! im gonna have to check that out. and also those AM spacers are cheaper because they are aluminuim and made overseas, i have a set, i run 1 inch and all four corners right now and they are great

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
For the S197 people, the E-T style nuts should be easy to find in 1/2", lots of suppliers offer them. For the S550 peeps, not sure how much you'll find in 14 mm yet.

cheers
Ed

KonaBlueBryar

forum member
Reaction score
now I'm kicking myself because I just bought lugnuts lol, I know its only 20 bucks but still lol

KonaBlueBryar

forum member
Reaction score
tell me about it... my pinch weld folded over and shot the jack out the side of the car, denting my door and ripping off my side skirt. put a huge gash in my door and everything

Back