When to upgrade diff. and rear 11-14?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The tru-trac / torsen puts the tq to the wheel with the most traction. In normal operation, it's totally transparent. In normal operation, it's the outside wheel that gets more of the total tq. Then you can power out of the corners quicker. On dry pavement, after exiting the corner, and now going straight, the tq essentially splits back to a 50-50 ratio. It's a seamless transistion.

However, I had one case where the outsides were riding on wet pavement, and the insides were on dry pavement. In that case, the tq went to the inside wheel, when on a fast right hander. The tru trac is not a spool or a locker. Spools and lockers are designed for the strip.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess you would want to road race or autocross with a spool rear then. Try that.

Spool? Depends. Are you in NASCAR? According to your previous post, all NASCAR cars should be using an open diff instead of a Detroit Locker.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Spool? Depends. Are you in NASCAR? According to your previous post, all NASCAR cars should be using an open diff instead of a Detroit Locker.

I'm not "in" nascar, but I do follow nascar. Nascar on an oval, they use spools. On a roadcourse they don't use spools. But nascar racing is not the best example of road racing. If you look at F1 racing, their diffs are adjustable for power and coast (separately adustable) to achieve the best balance for each track. (Salisbury diff)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back