Where to attach my cherry picker?

Larryfishes53

Reaction score
My motor and transmission are ready to pull finally and I’m not sure where to attach my cherry picker. I’ve run a 2000lb strap under the motor @ the bell housing. Not sure where to attach in the front. Anyone?

DieHarder

Reaction score
Always used chains usually bolted to the heads. If you're not sure how or never done it before highly recommend getting some help.

Zach Baumann

Reaction score
I used the top 2 trans bolts but got longer ones so it’ll thread all the way in and then in the front I believe I used the alternator bolt holes.

IMG_5255.png

JC SSP

Reaction score
I never had one but there is a hand crank lever used to move the engine & transmission up/down angle that makes the install much easier.

I have used the traditional rented cherry picker with bolts going into the intake and engine angled back on the chain if the transmission is attached. Heck in the 80’s I used a swing set a couple of times with a come along and even a couple of screwed together wooden 2x4 during a late night engine swap with some buddies from the gym. Lol great times.

Rich07

Reaction score
Like the others I used the top transmission holes. I also used the alternator bolt holes. Pics arent very good but here they are. I also used a leveler but it's not necassary.

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back