Which race fuel for a Coyote on n2o?

DTL

forum member
Reaction score
I'm curious what fuel you guys that are spraying your Coyote motors have been using? I've run c23 for years in my x275/Outlaw 8.5 car, but that seems a little overkill for a .060" pill in a stock Coyote. Have any of you run a mix of pump gas and c16? I'm thinking about starting with that, but feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Never used spray but on my last engine before I switched to E85, I would use the Cam2 100 unleaded and that seemed to be the sweet fuel for my car. That was in a 9.3:1 compression engine running 15psi of boost. I tried the higher rated leaded fuels but the car actually would slow down on them.

I'd stick with an unleaded fuel, maybe see if you can get the MS109 if you really want the higher octane.

DTL

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with unleaded race fuels, which makes me a little leery of them. It looks like the specific gravity is a bit lighter than c16, which can be a big deal with N2O.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Your right, C23 would be overkill. I have run straight C16 and a C16/101 blend with good results. I have put a lot of c16 through my car and I never killed an O2 sensor.

DTL

forum member
Reaction score
That's good to know about the O2s and c16. Why would anybody fool around with ms109, or ANY unleaded race fuel, if the O2s will tolerate the leaded stuff? Is the ms109 way cheaper or something??

rayS197

Reaction score
There is another Unleaded O2 friendly fuel to consider. Shell URT Advanced. Sean Kelly runs this with his Boosted/Sprayed 5.0 running a 9.24. Some are switching from C16 to URT. I think some of the JPC cars run URT fuel

DTL

forum member
Reaction score
I saw something about the URT in a magazine article a while back, but I have no idea where to get any. Maybe Shell has a dealer lookup on their website or something.

CharlieR

Reaction score
I'm curious what fuel you guys that are spraying your Coyote motors have been using? I've run c23 for years in my x275/Outlaw 8.5 car, but that seems a little overkill for a .060" pill in a stock Coyote. Have any of you run a mix of pump gas and c16? I'm thinking about starting with that, but feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
I just use 93. But if I was going to use race fuel it would be Unleaded(Most likely URT). Be careful taking advice on O2's from people with 4.6/5.4's. You can't risk the O2's in these cars, if they get coated and can't read your A/F will be unreliable and possibly dangerous. :rant:

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
There is no way I would run leaded fuel with the front O2's being wide band and controlling A/F ratios in the 2011 and up GT's......

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Anybody use Torco on the Coyote and spray? Will be running a 150 shot and 93. Thinking of adding Torco for some extra insurance.

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
I saw something about the URT in a magazine article a while back, but I have no idea where to get any. Maybe Shell has a dealer lookup on their website or something.

If you are looking for a dealer in Socal. Spankintime Motorsports in San Bernardino is a Shell Racing Fuels dealer

DTL

forum member
Reaction score
There are a couple in the LA area, but they're still 3 hours or so away from me. Granatelli says they have it in Oxnard (closest to me), but it's still quite a drive. Then again, to ship it I'm seeing quotes of +/- $30 HAZMAT plus actual ground shipping charges. Ugh. All my normal, local race fuel sources are either VP or Sunoco dealers.

YoungPony

forum member
Reaction score
If you are closer to Santa Paula then Oxnard, there is a Shell fuel depot off the 126 they may have it. I think it's Telegraph and hallock drive are the streets

MoonRider

Reaction score
There are a couple in the LA area, but they're still 3 hours or so away from me. Granatelli says they have it in Oxnard (closest to me), but it's still quite a drive. Then again, to ship it I'm seeing quotes of +/- $30 HAZMAT plus actual ground shipping charges. Ugh. All my normal, local race fuel sources are either VP or Sunoco dealers.

In my ls2 GTO I used to run sunoco 107 unleaded fuel mixed with 93 with a 150 shot never had problems with plugs or o2s running that fuel combo

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back