Whipple has price for 2015 kit on website!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Isn't that full car shot a pre-production rendering photoshopped black? That windshield banner is definitely photoshopped.

2015_mustang_800.jpg

EDIT: YUP!! Not even a picture of a real car!

attachment.php

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I've said it before. Based on previous experience if I bought a new Mustang it would get a Whipple with the FRPP tune and that would be it. Having the FRPP engineers tune the car ensures performance and safety.

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
I've said it before. Based on previous experience if I bought a new Mustang it would get a Whipple with the FRPP tune and that would be it. Having the FRPP engineers tune the car ensures performance and safety.

Looking back, I wish I had done that with my 3V. One and done, easy and reliable.

1 Alibi 2

If not today, when ??????
Reaction score
I did a 750hp FRPP kit on my 11, netted me 656rwhp + night & day performance upgrade over stock.
The kit tune was very conservative, ran rich, motor ran out of steam @ 6k.
Did a custom tune which completely changed the driving dymanic of the car, night & day performance upgrade over the kit. ( motor revs to 6800 now )
When it came time to do the 14, I didn't even consider a FRPP kit. Went with a Whipple again, and a custom tune.
It helps that the shop doing the work on both cars is owned by a guy who used to tune for Ford.
Kits are ok, but based on my experience, I consider them a 1/2 step.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I picked up hp going to a custom tune also. However, I didn't do it until I built a motor. A 4.6 3v is different than a 5.4 GT500. Especially the breaking point.

Mine didn't run rich though. WOT was 11.4 at the tail pipe. Normal driving was stoich due to closed loop.

How rich was yours?

I did a 750hp FRPP kit on my 11, netted me 656rwhp + night & day performance upgrade over stock.
The kit tune was very conservative, ran rich, motor ran out of steam @ 6k.
Did a custom tune which completely changed the driving dymanic of the car, night & day performance upgrade over the kit. ( motor revs to 6800 now )
When it came time to do the 14, I didn't even consider a FRPP kit. Went with a Whipple again, and a custom tune.
It helps that the shop doing the work on both cars is owned by a guy who used to tune for Ford.
Kits are ok, but based on my experience, I consider them a 1/2 step.

1 Alibi 2

If not today, when ??????
Reaction score
I picked up hp going to a custom tune also. However, I didn't do it until I built a motor. A 4.6 3v is different than a 5.4 GT500. Especially the breaking point.

Mine didn't run rich though. WOT was 11.4 at the tail pipe. Normal driving was stoich due to closed loop.

How rich was yours?[/QUOTE]
My dyno sheet from that install only had hp, tq, & boost, the A/F wasn't on it. I remember the tuner commenting on how rich the FRPP tune was. The baseline on my 14 showed an 12.5 A/F , that's just how Ford tunes them.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

How rich was yours?[/QUOTE]
My dyno sheet from that install only had hp, tq, & boost, the A/F wasn't on it. I remember the tuner commenting on how rich the FRPP tune was. The baseline on my 14 showed an 12.5 A/F , that's just how Ford tunes them.

12.5 at wot? That's not rich.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back