Whipple Track Question

N

navbtcret

Well let me start off by saying I am new to this forum, my name is Ron, and I bought ulve1st's Whipple HO kit. I am in the middle of having a motor and transmision swap done, going from a 4.0L to the GT 4.6L and 5r55 transmission along with the Whipple. I have a lot of suspensions mods on the car uca, lac's, panhard, k member brace and torque limiters, 8.8 with 3.73's and a truetrac, rear axle brace, sway delete/radiator support bracket, Tokcio D-Specs on all 4 corners, aluminum driveshaft and some MT Dr's for the track. I ran a best of 12.1 on the V6 with an X-Charger kit and a 75 shot of nitrous on the car. 12.9 with just the blower. I also manage a 1.69 60' with just the blower and a 1.60 with the nitrous.

I'll be running the stock motor for the rest of this year but the transmission is being upgraded a little and a 3000 stall converter installed. I'll also be running 10 psi on the boost. What I would like to know is what people have run ET wise with 10 psi on the whipple and what suspension mods you had at that time. I am trying to get an idea of what ET I maybe close to is all before I get the car back in about a week or two. It'll go to the track the first available day after I get it back too.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redfire

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome Ron.

Paul (psfracer) would be the best to let you know what it will run. I am sure he will see this thread and if not just pm him.

Off Topic - Are you going to Quaker Saturday? Is Todd going?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm going to guess low 12s/high 11s on 10psi... maybe mid 11s with good air and track prep.

N

navbtcret

Welcome Ron.

Paul (psfracer) would be the best to let you know what it will run. I am sure he will see this thread and if not just pm him.

Off Topic - Are you going to Quaker Saturday? Is Todd going?

I am working Saturday so I can not make it and I am not sure if Todd will be there or not.

28hopup

drawing a blank
Reaction score
Hi Ron! I cannot help you with your inquiry, but I wanted to let you know that they have some of your favorite nanner smileys here too...
:bonebh:

[wish I could make it out there this Saturday]

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With the 3.73 gears, 3000 stall speed converter, and the m/t drag raidals, I say 11.7X @ 117---as long as you hook out of the hole and your car weighs the typical amount (about 3600lbs without driver) If you don't hook, all bets are off.

With really good air and if you hook, I think like Don said mid 11's are a possibility.

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds just like my set up so I'll be watching. Is there a reason you went with the 3000 stall and not 3200?

Edit: just noticed this is an OLD post and I'm an idiot. Nonetheless, the question still remains. . . .

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I've always wanted a whipple. Hopefully in a year I'll have enough cash saved up to go FI

N

navbtcret

And Ron no longer has a Whipple. He is using the Edelbrock E-Force blower.

Yes I am running the E-Force now and recently went 10.71@126 mph with it.

I went 11.7 best with the whipple but I only made about 15 passes with it that year and changed blowers over the winter.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Any reason from going from the Whipple to Eforce. I've heard nothing but good things about the Eforce.

N

navbtcret

Any reason from going from the Whipple to Eforce. I've heard nothing but good things about the Eforce.

I was following the development of the TVS blower from Eaton. When it came out in the Edelbrock kit I wanted to give it a try. I could not be happier with the kit.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
I bought Rons Whipple. Love the kit. Best ET to date on 10lbs is 11.37 @ 122. Rons car is a monster and his ETs will continue to drop.

06whipple

that e-force is badass...wish I would have got one instead of the whipple

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back