Whipple twin bore 75mm throttle body

3.4GT500

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just purchased a modified 08 gt 500 with 3.4 whipple at 21lbs. I have a monoblade with it but my buddy that I bought it from says its not the best driveability. My question has anyone used the new whipple twin 75mm and had good results. I really want to take the stocker off to bring the power back. Thanks for any help.

Matt

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I just purchased a modified 08 gt 500 with 3.4 whipple at 21lbs. I have a monoblade with it but my buddy that I bought it from says its not the best driveability. My question has anyone used the new whipple twin 75mm and had good results. I really want to take the stocker off to bring the power back. Thanks for any help.

Matt

Before you go spending hard earned money, define driveability. His definition of driveability and yours may be different. Talk to a "well known" tuner to see if changes can be made without a throttle body swap. if not then the throttle body swap AND a retune is needed. What do you do with the vehicle? race? weekends? So ask yourself if you really need the 21lbs of boost on the car? And remember, the car is modified....so it will run "like" stock or may not.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the big mono blades are notorious for drivablity issues. Jon Lund told me he's been working on them for 4 years and they still give him fits sometimes.
typically they can stall, hang the rpm and be a bit slow to close.

how do I know.......... I have a the Whipple mono on mine.

Jon told me if you want drivablity to go to a smaller TB but you give up some power. IIRC the L&M 66MM he suggested

3.4GT500

Reaction score
Thanks guys your right about everything. I drive it on nice days and race it when I'm not taking my 8 sec foxbody. I'm not really picky about driveability car needs to be retuned with the stock blade anyways so maybe I will try the monoblade since I've never driven it with it on it. The tune that is on it is for the monoblade right now so it's chocked up. Thanks for the help guys.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
who's tune is in the car?

Trbosvt

Reaction score
the big mono blades are notorious for drivablity issues. Jon Lund told me he's been working on them for 4 years and they still give him fits sometimes.
typically they can stall, hang the rpm and be a bit slow to close.

how do I know.......... I have a the Whipple mono on mine.

Jon told me if you want drivablity to go to a smaller TB but you give up some power. IIRC the L&M 66MM he suggested
Good to know i'm not the only that see's issues. Everytime i complain about them to the manufacturer they say thet they've never had anybody have issues with them. i've never had an issue with the Ford racing twin 66mm or L&M twin 66mm. Also i've only seen a drop in power above 5500 rpm when using the smaller TB's, so in my opinion it really won't be noticeable to the customer that drives their car on a daily basis and isn't really racing it.

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
i believe the twin 72mm and 78mm from L&M is also an option, do a search on those to see if people are having issues with them. I have a few buddies that have had mono-blades that had no issues, but i guess shit can just happend whenever. "Fits" as you call it.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It depends on the overall set up. Mine is more troublesome due to the 4.0 liter blower, 168# injectors and e85 set up

3.4GT500

Reaction score
who's tune is in the car?

A local tuner in my area named Ed Clark but going to another one my friends named Brent Hughes from Dyno Tuned Performance. He's been working on more monoblades cars lately. I do have another rearend with 4.10s I'm going to put back in makes the car a blast.

Cobra SS

forum member
Reaction score
i believe the twin 72mm and 78mm from L&M is also an option, do a search on those to see if people are having issues with them. I have a few buddies that have had mono-blades that had no issues, but i guess shit can just happend whenever. "Fits" as you call it.

been running the L&M 66mm on the GT500 for the last 2yrs, runs and drives fine

3.4GT500

Reaction score
Just purchased the l&m 72 should be here on Thursday. I will give the results from the dyno in a little over a week

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back