who's gotten a 33 over the speed limit ticket in NY?

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
just got nabbed in a group of cars doing 88..
I'm pretty sure i wasn't doing 88 but i definitely wasn't going 55 either..

I'm seeing 8 points and a 360-600 dollar fine.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got a 41 over..... get a lawyer!

where in NY? It makes a big difference what county

were you with the ER guys?

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
er guys?

and long island, on the LIE exit 68

ah, confusing u with the Island Park guy, nevermind

So Suffolk County - they will plea bargain now, get an attorney to fight it. I probably get you a name or two if you need.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
<-- 89 in a 55. First offense, went to court in nice clothes, offered 1110a. Took the deal and paid the same day.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Ticket attorney. Here they charge $75-$100 and most of the time it ends up as withheld adjudication and you pay court costs. You don't save any money on the ticket but you have no points on your record and no insurance rate hike.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ticket attorney. Here they charge $75-$100 and most of the time it ends up as withheld adjudication and you pay court costs. You don't save any money on the ticket but you have no points on your record and no insurance rate hike.

around here more like $350-500 for the attorney.

For me it was money well spent, the $400 saved me 1000s

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I payed $375 for an attorney a few years back (NJ), won't be no $75-$100 in NY, no way in hell.
Best thing I did was stop breaking the law :roflmao:

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
i think im gonna a lawyer… but i was just thinking

can you still get the date and time the radar gun was last calibrated and when the officer was last trained admissible in court and have the drop the number by 7mph for inaccuracy?

that would be put at 6 points instead of 8 and the fine would be about 300 dollars less. i would just pay it at that price and then do the driver assessment to get the points dropped?

either way I'm fucked on insurance big time. I'm only 21

<-- 89 in a 55. First offense, went to court in nice clothes, offered 1110a. Took the deal and paid the same day.

what is that like 2 points and a 150 fine?

Last edited by a moderator:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Don't be stupid like me and wait until you're 40 years old before you buy a radar detector and hire an attorney for dealing with tickets. Your life will be infinitely easier if you let an attorney handle it.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
i think im gonna a lawyer… but i was just thinking

can you still get the date and time the radar gun was last calibrated and when the officer was last trained admissible in court and have the drop the number by 7mph for inaccuracy?

that would be put at 6 points instead of 8 and the fine would be about 300 dollars less. i would just pay it at that price and then do the driver assessment to get the points dropped?

either way I'm fucked on insurance big time. I'm only 21

what is that like 2 points and a 150 fine?
2 points, and was under a hundred. Of course, we're going back a decade or so.

Never plead guilty to what you did, ever. Worst case, they have the evidence to prove it, and you can still get a lawyer that can argue that they were wrong if you pay them to. The DA will always reduce something to save their own time and energy arguing in court. That goes for traffic and criminal court.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
I was doing 20 over.....confirmed by officers keen eyesight and no radar involved. Car impounded,arrested,spent 2 days in jail,lawyer and court cost. I feel like im in a bad Youtube video about crooked cops. He wrote up a whole shit ton of bogus stuff in his report like I wouldn't pull over for him,he didn't pull me over immediately because he thought i was going to run,erratic lane changes (when i only made one) ect..... I'm still in limbo as we speak. Lawyer was shocked that they took me to jail and know his job is to keep me out of jail. This officer has a history of being a fuck wad. Good luck with yours....I may be waiting as long as April or June.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
I was doing 20 over.....confirmed by officers keen eyesight and no radar involved. Car impounded,arrested,spent 2 days in jail,lawyer and court cost. I feel like im in a bad Youtube video about crooked cops. He wrote up a whole shit ton of bogus stuff in his report like I wouldn't pull over for him,he didn't pull me over immediately because he thought i was going to run,erratic lane changes (when i only made one) ect..... I'm still in limbo as we speak. Lawyer was shocked that they took me to jail and know his job is to keep me out of jail. This officer has a history of being a fuck wad. Good luck with yours....I may be waiting as long as April or June.

holy shit that sucks.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back