Wire Tuck Thread

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Crank sensor wire, I didn't cut mine, I routed it with the headlight harness on the outside of the frame, then came under the A/C compressor back to the sensor. Coiled up the slack. With all the shielding and drain wire I didn't want to risk messing up the resistance of that wire.

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the constant help. It really is appreciated. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I wasn't sure if it would reach all the way to the fender.

Last edited:

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
I ran mine like he said along the outer frame rail you will have plenty of slack. Looking good I take it you took your heater box out?

Jason

forum member
Reaction score
Nope. I did cut the back of the glove box a little. I've had the car for 9 years and only used it to keep my insurance in there.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score

Do you ever feel like just dropping your car off at a dealer and say," whatever you will give me for it! I just don't want to look at it anymore!"? Need to work on something else for a bit.

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
I'm rewiring my car and just finished the wire tuck would anyone be interested in my engine wiring that I redid for the tuck.

wildbillcody

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys the computer went to the fender the fuse box went under the dash and the battery went to the trunk we also shaved quite a bit on the engine bay

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
World's longest wire tuck..getting close!!! Well closer anyways..just looking up these connectors now because my labels fell off and I forget what they go to since I took them off like 4 months ago!! Getting excited to hear it run for first time this year!

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Bump!! Ok..waiting on an 07 coolant conversion but I have everything wired( as far as I know) and was just going to crank the engine over to hear it crank..there isn't any coolant in the engine so I didn't want to start it..but. no crank!!!..soo..all gauges light up and work..odometer is reading miles all lights work..I can hear the fuel pump..I hear clicking with the relays..I checked battery it's at 12.49 volts..power to the starter.. (no ground line front starter but I read somewhere that it's grounded just being attached to flywheel/ mount?) I replaced starter relay just to be carefull..I took starter off and had it tested..they said it passed...been reading up on some no start threads..one thread said to check grey wire next to coil pack? I didn't see a single grey wire sticking out to me....and yes. I have a clutch and yes I was pressing it in wile trying to turn engine over..

Any other pointers would be helpful...thanks

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Bump!! Ok..waiting on an 07 coolant conversion but I have everything wired( as far as I know) and was just going to crank the engine over to hear it crank..there isn't any coolant in the engine so I didn't want to start it..but. no crank!!!..soo..all gauges light up and work..odometer is reading miles all lights work..I can hear the fuel pump..I hear clicking with the relays..I checked battery it's at 12.49 volts..power to the starter.. (no ground line front starter but I read somewhere that it's grounded just being attached to flywheel/ mount?) I replaced starter relay just to be carefull..I took starter off and had it tested..they said it passed...been reading up on some no start threads..one thread said to check grey wire next to coil pack? I didn't see a single grey wire sticking out to me....and yes. I have a clutch and yes I was pressing it in wile trying to turn engine over..

Any other pointers would be helpful...thanks

I would think even though starter is grounded to block , it would still need a ground wire/ strap on it. Does engine turn over at all when trying to crank it? Also you know that the clutch pedal switch can go bad, you can straight wire the pedal switch if needed till you can replace it. Mine went bad, but i never replaced it, I just make sure that my car is in neutral before I start my car have been this way for years now.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I lurk on this thread all the time but im terrified to try this!

It's not hard to do the wire tuck , you just have to make sure to label all the wires and it's also a good idea to take pictures of before starting the wire tuck and also during it for references.. It takes time to do the wire tuck, not a fast project in any way.. You only have problems when you get in a hurry or don't take plenty of pictures to help with remembering where things go.

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
It's not hard to do the wire tuck , you just have to make sure to label all the wires and it's also a good idea to take pictures of before starting the wire tuck and also during it for references.. It takes time to do the wire tuck, not a fast project in any way.. You only have problems when you get in a hurry or don't take plenty of pictures to help with remembering where things go.

It's just the one wire I would miss that would fuck shit up!

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
It's just the one wire I would miss that would fuck shit up!

Hahahaha!!!! good one.. the wire are color coded, so not that hard to identify . I learned that while doing my wire tuck. after taking all the time to label everything, i then noticed all the different color wires. It's more of just not getting in a hurry when doing it..

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
Hahahaha!!!! good one.. the wire are color coded, so not that hard to identify . I learned that while doing my wire tuck. after taking all the time to label everything, i then noticed all the different color wires. It's more of just not getting in a hurry when doing it..

I hear ya, once i get my shit road worthy again i may give it a shot!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back