WOT box, launch RPM on street tires?

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
What is everyone setting their launch RPM to on a WOT box on street tires with steep gears (4.10 or higher), and what kind of tires? I can't get my car to do anything but a crazy smoky 3 second burnout at anything above 2,000 rpms. I have LCA, lowering brackets, KYB rear shocks, LCA lowering brackets, and BFG KDW 275/19 tires, stock ride height. Mods are full bolt on minus cams, delete plates and throttle body (have headers, exhaust, CAI, 93 BBR tune, rear seat delete, BMR sway bar delete, weight reduction, ect..). What am I doing wrong............???

I'm trying to get back to the track and see what improvement my gear swap, weight reduction, and WOT box install will do over my baseline 13.30 @ 108, but I'm doubting their will be any with the amount of wheel spin I'm seeing.....

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Lower the tire pressure and get an adjustable UCA so you can work on pinion angle.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Also if you're testing the 2 step on the street, it's no comparison to a prepped track, even on street tires.

pmcferron

forum member
Reaction score
just my opinion but I don't think your going to have much luck with street tires and a 2 step, especially with 4.10s. I never tried it because I wasn't interested in having to slip my clutch that much to launch. buy you a set of bias ply et streets and launch it off the rev limiter, that's what I done when my car was xpipe and cai only, netted me a 12 second time slip as well. my advice buy some TARZ! lol

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
^Tires
Try some drag radials if you spend most of your time on the street.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
With a two step all you're going to do is shock the street tires. You'd certainly benefit more from the two step on a set of DR's.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II have been the very best traction mod I have done!!

Set my LCA to center hole on the relocation brackets and it works!!!!
Although, you can still roast them at will. But its the best you're gonna get.
No street tire can compare.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
going to the track with a 2 step and street tires.... like going to the whore house with empty pockets.... pointless

get a tire on the back of that bitch

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
lol I guess street tires + 2 step at the track isn't gonna be tried then. I'd really like to see how quick I can get this thing on sticky street tires before I do slicks and the 2 step. I'm convinced I've got the parts to go 12.60 on street tires. Guess we'll see

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
lol I guess street tires + 2 step at the track isn't gonna be tried then. I'd really like to see how quick I can get this thing on sticky street tires before I do slicks and the 2 step. I'm convinced I've got the parts to go 12.60 on street tires. Guess we'll see

Slicks??? Damn, I was just suggesting drag radials...

Slicks = broken parts. lol

thunderstang

forum member
Reaction score
Slicks. I have cut 1.5X 60ft times on 9.5" MT streets through stock clutch, 3650, and axles. The only upgrade in the drivetrain is a tru track. Yea something may break but there is no better feeling then the first time you see a picture or your car hanging hoops off the line.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

Sorry papa frita, your BFG KDW's tires are not "sticky street tires" lol.
You can be fine with some nice DR's, maybe nitto 555r's even.

are you from oklahoma?

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Slicks??? Damn, I was just suggesting drag radials...

Slicks = broken parts. lol
Slicks can be easier on driveline parts than radials. The sidewalls on the slicks can absorb and reduce the sudden shock that can be put on the driveline if a set of drag radials dead hooks.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
Heating up street tires, or lowering PSI is ineffective. Lowering PSI generally only yields results when the tires are over inflated to begin with.

With 4.10s and Nitto 275 555 street tires, launching at 5500 to 6k, I was able to pull several 1.81 60' foot times at 35 PSI and 0 burn out.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back