WTB 2.5" Chrome/Black Wheel Center Cap(s)

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for those who bought new wheels and decided to change out the center caps, and still have the originals laying on a shelf! Found two new Magnum 500 wheels to replace the one that was damaged in a recent accident. However, the center caps are different. For my BEST OPTION, I am looking first for one (or possibly more) that match the attached picture, they are black with a thin chrome pin-stripe around the inside and about a 1/4" chrome lip and deeper chrome side wall. The part number on the back is 937K80 with a date of 2008-xx-xx. If I can pick up a couple of these, life would be good!

My second option is the 2008 version of the SR Center Cap. it looks almost Identical regarding the chrome lip and side wall, but has a black center with a chrome SR logo, similar to the SR Raised Chrome Center cap on AM, without the notches stamped out around the edge and the center black part sitting down in the cap a little lower. Part number is 937K80-C1 with a date of 2008-xx-xx.

I can get the Chrome SR 2010 set from AM, but would really prefer option ONE above. I purchased actual 1969 Boss 429 Vintage Magnum 500 Wheel decals (black with a chrome ring and chrome running horse), modified them slightly to clean up the edge and applied them to my blank black center caps, which looked awesome, and much more authentic.

Please PM me if you have any caps laying around and wouldn't mind selling them. thanks!!!

Last edited:

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Going to try and get a better picture today of both center caps I am looking for. Nobody out there has one of these, or even a full set that they switched out for something with a Mustang logo? Let me know and thanks for looking!

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
my GT's locked up in a shop for the weekend, so no new pic's. Looking for one, two or a full set that look just like the ones on the attached thumbnail, chrome trim around the sides, solid black in the center with a very thin chrome pin stripe. Anybody?

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Nobody out there has any center caps laying around? Going to have to get four 2010 Chrome SR Center Caps from American Muscle ordered tomorrow I guess. If you have any, PM me. thanks!

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Nobody out there has any center caps laying around? Going to have to get four 2010 Chrome SR Center Caps from American Muscle ordered tomorrow I guess. If you have any, PM me. thanks!

Worth another try! 2010 SR center caps from AM did not fit the wheels (weird). Still hoping that someone has some center caps laying around from the 2008 castings. PM me. Still looking!

thanks!

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Not having any luck finding a replacement cap or set online or from any of the vendors out there, even ebay, so bump for the chance that someone on here will have what I am looking for sitting on a shelf or knows someone that does.

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a not so great pic of the Center Caps I am looking for. they actually measure 3 1/16" across to the widest point of the outside/front and the clips that hold it in the wheel measure 2 3/8" across. Fits perfect in a 2 1/2" wheel hole. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back