19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
d21b6271.jpg

ff082396.jpg

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
Nice install .. but my understanding is the catch can is supposed to go on the Driver Side valve cover ... not the passenger.

Peaky85

forum member
Reaction score
I just won a Silver one for $10.49 + $8.00 Shipping ! Worth a shot for $20 Bucks I think ???

%21CE%21GJPgCGk%7E$%28KGrHqYOKnEEz2p9dSHKBNQchy2sUw%7E%7E0_12.JPG
[/QUOTE]

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Nice install .. but my understanding is the catch can is supposed to go on the Driver Side valve cover ... not the passenger.

You can run it to either one depending on which one you have piped to your intake. My drivers side is capped off, and my passenger side runs to my supercharger inlet. So it's getting crank case vapor pulled through it at all times, but especially when I'm in higher RPM under boost. I'm considering getting another one for the drivers side and piping it to the intake. The drivers side valve cover has a built in check valve so it'll pull vapor any time I'm in vacuum, but will be closed when I'm under boost.

What is the point of this device?

These motors (modulars) tend to pull a lot of oil particles through the PCV system, the point to this device is to trap those oil particles so they don't get into your intake. Oil in the intake means oil in the cylinders. Burning oil causes poor performance and buildup on pistons and spark plugs. This helps to prevent that.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Old thread brought back to life.
So do these ebay catch cans work?
I just can't spend $100+ for a aluminum can and a couple hoses.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
if you get one, dont get the round one thats super cheap. the fittings on the can are very small and theres not enough room to change it to larger. i bought one and its in the junk drawer. then i got this square can quite a while ago for about $30 from ebay. it has the right size fittings for the larger hose that the stangs have. it comes with the small and large fittings.

it doesnt need media in it. the can works by surface area that collects the old droplets from the vapors. a very small can would be better for a media.

i did a write up but its for a 4.0. very easy install though after ther pcv valve. mine collects alot of oil, i didnt keep good track but i think this beer glass is from around 2 1/2 oil changes(around 7,500 miles)

the blue plastic hose is trash. you can get 20" pcs of crankcase vent hose from oreilly for $3. i had to make my own bracket.

cana.jpg

can5.jpg

can7.jpg

DSCF0782.JPG

Last edited:

1bad99

forum member
Reaction score
so is it best to put two or just one is fine I got one these laying around from a oil build

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I picked up a JLT catch can on here pretty cheap a while back, but I think I'm suffering from a bit of over-searching/thinking here and am racking my brain. I've literally got like 10 pages open with various threads for the past couple days. Will the JLT be fine with a Paxton? I know the JLT catches some oil but does it relieve any of the crank case pressure? Should I not bother with the JLT and go with something with a breather on top?

phatkat

Reaction score
if you get one, dont get the round one thats super cheap. the fittings on the can are very small and theres not enough room to change it to larger. i bought one and its in the junk drawer. then i got this square can quite a while ago for about $30 from ebay. it has the right size fittings for the larger hose that the stangs have. it comes with the small and large fittings.

it doesnt need media in it. the can works by surface area that collects the old droplets from the vapors. a very small can would be better for a media.

i did a write up but its for a 4.0. very easy install though after ther pcv valve. mine collects alot of oil, i didnt keep good track but i think this beer glass is from around 2 1/2 oil changes(around 7,500 miles)

the blue plastic hose is trash. you can get 20" pcs of crankcase vent hose from oreilly for $3. i had to make my own bracket.

View attachment 37406

View attachment 37407

View attachment 37408

View attachment 37409

I gotta resurrect this thread too!! How are these eBay Catch Cans...... long term?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back